Battle belt advice?

Randymanpipe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey yall,

Just wondered what molle battle belts you guys use? Which are reccomended and which to stay away from?

Was looking into the Condor Gen II around 35 pounds in multicam. Will be looking to use a drop leg panel with it too.

Any advise will be mucho appreciated

Pew pew pewers

• Head Moderator

I recently purchased a battle belt by Warrior Assault Systems (no surprise as I am a fan of their kit) for about £45 for the PLB enhanced belt. Strong construction with plenty of adjustment around the waist and well padded for comfort. There is a decent range of WAS pouches to put on the belt, or other brands with Molle. It has loops for attaching straps/suspenders, etc.

I currently have my belt fitted with: a triple M4 mag pouch, slim dump pouch, medium admin pouch, pistol holster, and double pistol mag pouch.

When I'm keeping my weight down, I lose my Osprey pc and use just the Osprey battle belt (both army surplus). Belt has pistol holster, 2 pistol mags, BFG in a pouch with a reel lanyard to hold the pin, and a dump pouch. Any m4 mags go in pockets

• Supporters

Hey yall, Just wondered what molle battle belts you guys use? Which are reccomended and which to stay away from? Was looking into the Condor Gen II around 35 pounds in multicam. Will be looking to use a drop leg panel with it too. Any advise will be mucho appreciated Pew pew pewers

Warrior Assault Systems. You can't go wrong with their kit tbh.

I looked into both (basically being a massive WAS fanboy) and chose the Condor Gen 2 belt. The main reason being the condor has the flaps (fnarr) you can lift up to attach any droplegs to the actual belt instead of the MOLLE. Reason being that while I don't like the standard drop leg that rides somewhere near a teenagers knee I do prefer a lower riding holster so my chest rig doesn't interfere with my draw (I use a Safariland style holster with a Safariland dropflex adaptor to lower it by about 4" from my belt).

I do have a WAS yoke set that works absolutely fine with the Condor belt too so I have the options.

I had noticed that on some of the sales listings, hence I mentioned I was intending to use a drop leg platform. So how would you attach a drop leg holster to one that does not have the flaps??

If you get the Condor one you pay like an extra £15 for Multicam, so I'd get tan instead. Lozart made a good point cos I noticed the flap feature as well which AFAIK is only on one other belt which is 3x the price, think it's 5.11 / VTAC or Tactical Tailor.

I love my tactical tailor belt, it's only two layers of Molle instead of the standard 3 so nice and slim, agile and light. It also fits perfectly under the belt flaps of my ex issue pants so it stays low and solid. Less than £30 too iirc.

This is something i've been looking into as i am soon looking at purchasing my first gun and with it need some rigging to stop me from running around with BB's shoved in a trouser pocket and the mag shoved in the other when in the safe zone.

I'm looking to go for minimal profile but customisable as time goes on, so far the idea revolves around a belt system plus a single right hand leg drop system and a MOLLE Vest rather than a Plate Carrier.

Some suggestions here i'll have to take a look into.

• Supporters

If you've not seen the new Warrior Assault Systems Gunfighter belt it looks pretty good from a customisation point of view: http://www.uktactical.com/p-11533-gunfighter-belt-coyote-tan.aspx

• Supporters

Ah, they finally got around to cloning the old 5.11/VTAC/Tyr tac designs, wondered when they were going to catch up; good to see.

Of the many many belts I've tried, something that can securely attach both PALS pouches and belt-mounted accessories has come to be a requirement over the years. You can get the 5.11 for less:

http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/511-tactical-molle-vtac-brokos-belt-58642-11092-p.asp

But no multicam and as far as QC and robustness go, WAS are a fair bit better. Shame they've not included an internal velcro interface, but as long as one has previously run a padded warbelt before and managed to set it up comfortably so it doesn't bounce and change positions as you move, that's not the end of the world.

I managed to get a Condor Gen 2 in Tan new for £14.50 delivered, will see how I get on. Am loving the drop leg platform though, finally a comfortable reliable method of holstering my side arm.

• Supporters

Just for infos sake, Warrior have released a new belt which caters for drop leg etc: http://www.uktactical.com/p-11534-gunfighter-belt-multicam.aspx

Ahem...

If you've not seen the new Warrior Assault Systems Gunfighter belt it looks pretty good from a customisation point of view: http://www.uktactical.com/p-11533-gunfighter-belt-coyote-tan.aspx

;)

• Head Moderator

The gunfighter belt looks good, and I like the versatility it offers which comes at a premium of £70 versus £45 for the standard PLB belt. Bound to be another good sale with decent discounts in next few months.

[edit as cannot use quote on my laptop] The gunfighter belt is worth the money, quality kit, although not everyone needs the extra functionality it offers. I would have bought one had it been available a month or so ago, but that is always the choice, buy now or wait.

Edited by Jedi_Master

• Supporters

The gunfighter belt looks good, and I like the versatility it offers which comes at a premium of £70 versus £45 for the standard PLB belt. Bound to be another good sale with decent discounts in next few months.

I hear what you're saying but £70 for a "real steel" piece of kit? It's really not much when you look at what you get. Granted the needs of airsofters aren't really up there with actual soldiers so maybe some of us need to lower our sights in terms of how gucci the kit needs to be?

I have a Viper one and it too has a hole on either side where you can attach the drop leg directly to the belt not the molle. Not skirmished with it yet but got the mil tec suspenders which clip nicely onto the loops.

I currently run a Disciple Battle belt, which you can get from armysurplus.co.uk for £30, with a harness and it is absolutely amazing. I used to run a plate carrier with all my pouches on that and it was too hindering.

On the belt I carry a triple mag pouch, Dump pouch, water bottle (for on the field hydration / team mates) an ifak and a utility pouch for grenades.

If you don't like carrying anything on your chest I would definitely go for a battle belt.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.