Morale Patch

SixFourHundred

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I love the bit about buying photo's from the "secure" website. Basically its not even close to secure.

Giant Kiwi - The original post was to point people to a blog and not the Photography Website.

SixFourHundred selling website is powered by SmugMug which is an encrypted website so of course it's secure!

I see that you are a AF-UK Regulator, if you are not happy with the original post please let me know and I will remove it.

• Root Admin

I also really hope these players are consenting to having their images sold on a website.

Does have an SSL when you get to the cart though so I guess it's more than safe enough. A lot of websites do this because wildcard SSLs are expensive.

Edit: Clarification

I also really hope these players are consenting to having their images sold on a website.

Does have an SSL when you get to the cart though so I guess it's safe enough.

Proffrink - Players are informed that photographers will be attending the site, some ask not to have photographs taken for personal security reasons (serving soldiers)

But your missing the point - the post is about the blog. The History of Morale Patches.

• Root Admin

That's cool, and it's an alright write-up (certainly with a lot of information I didn't know) but of course we're going to comment on the other bit if it's linked at the bottom there.

I'm really more curious about the photography aspect though. Do you pay site owners to attend or is there an exchange like they get the photos for their Facebooks pages etc. I mean this genuinely - I've seen a lot of people taking photos but usually they're a marshal or something that works more permanently at the site.

That's cool, and it's an alright write-up (certainly with a lot of information I didn't know) but of course we're going to comment on the other bit if it's linked at the bottom there.

I'm really more curious about the photography aspect though. Do you pay site owners to attend or is there an exchange like they get the photos for their Facebooks pages etc. I mean this genuinely - I've seen a lot of people taking photos but usually they're a marshal or something that works more permanently at the site.

The truth and nothing else but the truth.

I was an Army photographer - I love taking photographs.

I attended my first Airsoft game last year (Combat South Charity Event) and offered all the photographs to the organisers for free, to do what ever they wanted with them. A lot of players asked if they could get copies of the photographs so I pointed them to my Facebook page where they can copy them as much as they like, some of the players emailed me to say that the print quality wasn't very good. (web images are only 72 DPI and print images are 300 DPI) so I set up the SmugMug site so they can buy them.

I am a professional photographer with overheads, fuel, insurance, web hosting let alone the cost of the gear.

People pay for photos of them in fancey clothes, getting married, special functions, with thier family/kids why not when playing airsoft. I say fairplay to you mate. A prophoto is worth 100 amature ones.

• Moderators

being newish to this, the read was interesting, at least i know there is a reason behind them.....just thought it was some gimmick like car bumper stickers with the amount ive seen on websites!! :mellow:

wouldn't mind a few action shots, let me know if and when your at Urban Assault or Tuddenham, i'll dress up a lttle better! :)

• Head Moderator

Personally, if I was going to copy and paste from other articles then I would check the grammar and spelling ( http://www.thetacticalgentleman.com/morale-patch-history/ )

On a positive note, the photographs are good.

Personally, if I was going to copy and paste from other articles then I would check the grammar and spelling ( http://www.thetacticalgentleman.com/morale-patch-history/ )

On a positive note, the photographs are good.

Jedi Master - if you copy paragraphs from my blog and then paste them into Google you will see that it takes you to my Blog - meaning that the text is original.

While researching any topic you will need to gather information from other sources - I have read the attached article and yes there are similarities but of course there will be, its the same subject.

On a positive note, thanks for the comment about the photographs.

Proffrink - Be nice, I was starting to like you.

• Root Admin

That's not how Google SEO works chap - there could be a multitude of reasons as to why theirs isn't showing up and yours is but none are to do with the originality of the text. I'd wager most of it is the fact that you're using Google's own Blogger service. Are you saying that a shop in America saw your blog and within 24 hours decided to copy/paste it onto their own website? The two seem strikingly similar down to the specific ordering and structure of the paragraphs; many sentences are word-for-word identical.

Be honest - we were just starting to like you.

Jedi Master - if you copy paragraphs from my blog and then paste them into Google you will see that it takes you to my Blog - meaning that the text is original.

I work for a university, which means I have access to stupid amounts of plagiarism checkers. I just ran the your post against the article that Jedi Master posted, yours is exactly 51% plagiarism, which when yours is about that much shorter - Completely plagiarised.

EDIT: On inspecting headers, guess who's post was last edited first?

• Head Moderator

I should have been more specific, pasting the paragraph below into google takes you to the tacitical gentleman website (second listed search and not your blog posted on 30 Sept), so must be original version ???

The Screaming Eagle Badge of the 101st Airborne was created in after the war, in 1921. The eagle head was a representation of the Civil War mascot "Old Abe, of the Wisconsin Infantry Regiment.

I am just used to crediting source(s) in essays and reports; the internet is full of plagiarism, and never trust wikipedia.

I should have been more specific, pasting the paragraph below into google takes you to the tacitical gentleman website (second listed search and not your blog posted on 30 Sept), so must be original version ???

The Screaming Eagle Badge of the 101st Airborne was created in after the war, in 1921. The eagle head was a representation of the Civil War mascot "Old Abe, of the Wisconsin Infantry Regiment.

I am just used to crediting source(s) in essays and reports; the internet is full of plagiarism, and never trust wikipedia.

No! I will not have anything derogatory said about Wikipedia, it is a seriously robust scientific repository of information crucial to the smooth operation of every day life.

If it were bad, why would 99% of students use it to find material to reference in their dissertations?

• Supporters

Mysteriously the original blog post link has "broken"

• Head Moderator

No! I will not have anything derogatory said about Wikipedia, it is a seriously robust scientific repository of information crucial to the smooth operation of every day life.

OK, I will concede that the wiki about the French being 'cheese eating surrender monkeys' is true :)

OK, I will concede that the wiki about the French being 'cheese eating surrender monkies' is true :)

Maybe it's time for another Wikipedia adventure. Start on barrack Obama's page and see how many clicks it takes to get to Apple pie, and see what you find along the way!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.