Complete and Utter newbie!!

Shifty
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone,

By pure luck i came across an Airsoft video on youtube this evening and was immediatley reminded of my days in the CCF at school. Im Greg and Im 23 from Birmingham but I am residing in Edinburgh as Im doing a PhD.

Ive been meaning to get more active and I think that I would really enjoy Airsoft, and I have the money now to fully get involved with a hobby such as this. As Ive said already I am a completely new to this so I am trying to read up on the best place to start really as I would like to have my own stuff once Ive tried it out. If anyone has any top tips on places to check for equipment or anything generally to do with Airsoft then I'm all ears!!

Can I just make sure Ive understood this correctly...

Once you have completed your induction 3 skirmish events at a local airsoft site and you become a member of that airsoft group, that is you registered by law to be able to kit yourself out?? Or is there more to it??

• Supporters

only slightly more to it.

Talk to your marshalls about gaining UKARA, they may need to make a note of when your 3 games are (no less than 2 months)

then you get a form with your details on it and membership number

you hand the form into a shop (not sure what you do if there isn't a local one)

they register you on the database

you get an email giving you your number. either save the email or make a note of the number

buy as many guns as your bank manager will allow :D

Archived