The Daytona Build

LordGeorge

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all

I have been dipping in and out of different threads looking for help with various issues.

Thankyou all that have been involved so far, proffrink has been a god ! Thanks dude.

But issues aside, i though i would open a dedicated thread purely for my new build which not many people seem to have covered.

Building a daytona HPA setup!

I plan to go though the stages from start to finish, so anyone who plans on doing it can turn and cry at the expense of the setup or jizz and go for it.

Currently i am in the plan and order stage, if anyone has any questions or wants a readup on kit etc, take a look at my other thread below.

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/27984-hpa-setup-questions/

Ok so what do i have and plan to have.

Already own.

• We hk416D Gbb
  • Redline firebase regulator
  • guerrilla 100ci 4500psi tank
  • redline 42" widebore w/single QD
  • Yoke fill station
  • 232 bar 12 litre scuba tank
  • Tech-T Gun sav "lube"

• CQB russian WE adapter "For fun until TNK comes"

• 2.5L hydration backpack "Hopefully big enough"

Order list

• TNK Daytona kit
  • TNK spares
  • IGL
  • 300 bar 12 litre scuba
  • AEG flash mags

The Daytona kit and spares is already queued up with Tony over at TNKGUNS ready for order once monies let me.

IGL and mags will just come as and when suites, and finally the plan is to sell the 232 bar and buy a 300 to take full advantage of that momma of a 100/4500 tank!

I plan to post every stage from kit arrival and pics, to building and modifications made "if needed".

So for now, sit tight and wait for the toys to flow in :D .

Cheers

George

Update.

Toys have arrived !! Little late but here :)

Just a few pics of the kit.

034e17c042f5bd411b0a04a26547259c.jpg

779a3ec7c47706f8ec917ddff5af8e17.jpg

6a562bef9068ed0ed38a073b1504b1e3.jpg

bdcbd24205f94421a2ddf60fdee80415.jpg

8c02218c5f2a37435322173a52efc832.jpg

Sorry for the uber large pics!

That Guerrilla tank is truly huge, way bigger than i anticipated.!

By total luck, the tank with reg fits into my hydro pack perfectly, the line out feeding right out the strap hole !

Going to Tap a M4 mag tomorrow for a little play, as well as put some pressure in that bad boi.

Cheers

That tank is massive.

Remember you can rotate the regulator if you think it will be an even better fir that way.

Haha yes, its oly when i held it up and was like jesus thats big.

Incredibly light though, real good finish. perfect sheen. It better be for £180 a pop. B)

To be honest i will see how the bag gets on, it fits fine and the line comes out the bag with no bends. I may get a bigger backpack type bag in the future and cram it with padding to fill the space.

Will be interesting to see for us HPA people, beesting has gained rights to sell AmpedAirsoft equipment. My line was a Amped widebore. More things to make me spend money i think :unsure:.

Will drop a pic of the bag with the bottle and reg in tmoz.

George

Would you mind weighing it for us?

Not got anything in the house that can measure the weight for some reason.

I did however find the weight on the tinterweb, 1.9 KG

Considering its size, its really not that bad and honestly doesnt feel like nearly 2kg.

I will aquire a measuring device and confirm this.

EDIT

Scrap the last bit, i reverted to dumb ass mode and checked the packaging and not the bottle!

All the specs are on the bottle lol.

Its 1.47Kg.

George

• Root Admin

Yeh, the carbon fibre tanks are really light - tends to be the regulator that weighs more.

I saw this yesterday. It's like a cheap WAS cargo pack: http://www.tacticalairsoftshop.co.uk/8fields---molle-type-tactical-hydration-pack---coyote-1860-p.asp - looks perfect for a tank setup.

Gunna grab myself a second 88/4500 this evening so I have no fear of needing to haul a Scuba tank along with me to games.

Yeh, the carbon fibre tanks are really light - tends to be the regulator that weighs more.

I saw this yesterday. It's like a cheap WAS cargo pack: http://www.tacticalairsoftshop.co.uk/8fields---molle-type-tactical-hydration-pack---coyote-1860-p.asp - looks perfect for a tank setup.

Gunna grab myself a second 88/4500 this evening so I have no fear of needing to haul a Scuba tank along with me to games.

Yeah I came across a very similar bag a while back. Not sure what the make was.

Haha fair enough, I am sticking with the scuba tank as yes it is heavy but will just leave it in the car and fill up there if need be.

• Root Admin

Possibly the WAS one I linked you to before. My one is pretty good - plenty of pockets too for other stuff, but expensive for what it is.

The one is extremely good for the price and having the option of molle or straps is good too.

Possibly the WAS one I linked you to before. My one is pretty good - plenty of pockets too for other stuff, but expensive for what it is.

The one is extremely good for the price and having the option of molle or straps is good too.

Yeah most likely.

I looked at a condor bag, trouble is I'm all black so getting good quality backpacks on black is tricky.

Might as well be picky when we out this much into it all 👍🏻

Looking good. I even set mine up so the very top of the reg pokes out the top. Should stop any of the 'he's fiddling with the FPS!' stuff.

It's just missing a TNK to plug in :(

Looking at ordering at the end of the month.

Well I did think about popping the reg out the cap hole, but thought it may get caught on the bushes and the opposite effect of being able "technically" to get to the reg easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all

Things are starting to heat up!

Had some fun with the HPA tap but it wasnt enough! So....

a509286b1b45a5f459c72c5b7e16c6c0.png

Should be with me some time next week if im good :rolleyes:.

I did a little vomit after paying it out but all for good causes.

So far the HPA Build has gone way, way over what my inital plans were.

HK416 + attachments and 5 mags £280

Bottle,reg,line and fill station: £318

TNK,spares and LOTS of LUBE :wub: £382

Scuba bottle inc test £65

Still gotta buy my AEG mags wich should roughly be £80.

And of course the dreaded import duty that could be a max of £90

For the love of all things mighy, DO NOT DO THIS if you have a heart condition or suffer from dizzieness!

Proffrink, how do you cope ?

Cheers

George

Kit is in the UK somewhere so hopefully get that monday/tuesday as planned.

while starting the strip down of the receiver, noticed a slight problem with installing a IGL...

fe69ba41e53e4bc8b421f9e6dd6ca0ce.jpg

A lack of holes !

Looks like a vice and drill will be my next best friend!

Bit tricky to drill any hole while preserving the thread and the strengh of the grip.

Will be much easier to gauge once it all comes.

Best to consult the FAQ and Facebook group too - lots of people will have faced this same quandary before you.

Hehe will take a look, lukily my dads was a comercial and motorsport engineer so hes pretty good with tools if im uber stuck :)

exactly what you dont want to see when trying to get everything together ontime with 0 patients...

72c5c814fb7d4afcdd0fab483d95cef2.png

Nooooooo!

Anyone kind enough to share their customs experience ?

Spoke to parcelforce and untill it enters their remit, they have litterally no control so time to sit and wait for the status to change <_< .

• Root Admin

That just means it's awaiting inspection, then it'll go on to get duty added. Takes a couple of days.

Parcelforce pay the duty for you, slap on £8 then forward the bill to you. The second that reaches the Parcelforce national hub you can phone in and ask an agent to pay a charge (provide the tracking number). They'll do it there and then and you won't have to wait for the letter. Saves about 2-3 days.

That just means it's awaiting inspection, then it'll go on to get duty added. Takes a couple of days.

Parcelforce pay the duty for you, slap on £8 then forward the bill to you. The second that reaches the Parcelforce national hub you can phone in and ask an agent to pay a charge (provide the tracking number). They'll do it there and then and you won't have to wait for the letter. Saves about 2-3 days.

Ace thanks dude, luckily i had the exact same conversation with PF and they said the same. Actually quite helpfull for a change.

Considering it got there sunday afternoon, im going to hope its released tomorrow. :blink:

It doesnt help looking around the net and seeing the horror storys people have with 2/3 week delays in customs :(

I also noticed some other changes i may need to do to the lower receiver. The top pins above the selector are just dummy pins on the WE. Im pretty sure they need to be drilled out to fit the screw fitings to hold the kit in place.

• Root Admin

Na, it won't be delayed that long. Remember, it's a block of metal at this point, not an RIF. Should be released Wednesday I'd imagine, but phone in as soon as it's at your Parcelforce depot (I know I said national hub before but that's wrong). They only dispatch the letter once it's there.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.