The infamous goggle fogging !

LordGeorge

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all

I think allot of people will relate and also have some good advise aswell.

While i have only been into the airsoft scene since the start of the year, i have had quite a consistent issue.

GOGGLES FOGGING UP!

In many cases, you can simply do nothing ! Unable to see the enemy, unable to help and unable to sneak a quick wipe on the lense "unless you dont value your eyes".

As well as the fact that most airsoft sites like my local "stormforce" is too big to walk back to safe zone everytime you fog up.

I am currenly using some bolle cobra goggle's which are awsome for comfort, periferal vision and size. But not so much for a set of lenses that look like a car, at 12pm down a quiet lane. :blink:

The issue stems from my lower face mesh cover, which causes the condensation to build up between it and my eyes.

I do know that ventilated goggles will fix 90% of this issue, but would like to see peoples suggestions as i also would like to not loose teeth ! :D

George

Get yourself some Cat Crap, or a fan for the lenses.

I was really thinking for a second about how my cats crap would help. untill i ebayed Cat Crap! :lol:

ok, taking a look. Paste or spray ?

Everything i have seen up to now is a very split market of people who say anti fog products work or not.

I do howerver understand that applying anything would be recomended after or before every use.

• Root Admin

Paste. Lasts longer (not the effects, but the actual amount of product you get is enough for more applications). Here's the last thread on this: http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/27833-anti-fog/

Also something I've seen a lot of people do: Don't buff it too much or you won't leave that thin 'film' you want on the lenses.

I use Muck off antifog spray for motorcyclist seems to do the trick. I get quite hot when running around playing shooty shooty bang bang. Halfords 9 quid.

I use these http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/revision-desert-locust-fan-goggle-essential-kit-15381-p.asp with a lower mesh mask - fits together well and no fogging whatsoever. Fan is v quiet (on low setting)...however, even on high setting, other people cannot hear it.

Doesnt fog up - does the job :)

• Supporters

Simple. Stop sweating. :)

While operator ninja gear looks cool, you will start sweating the minute you start the game. Remove layers of clothes. Remove scarfs, remove headgear that doesn't allow sweat to evaporate. Dress so that you are a bit cold on the briefing, that way you will be just perfect while playing and fog much less.

Also don't use mouth protection that directs your breath up to the goggles.

Use anti-fog things as people mentioned above.

Still fogging? Try shooting glasses instead of goggles. Not for heavy CQB though.

Oh, and one more mean thing. Start running 1-2 times a week if you don't already so a simple game doesn't make you sweat that much. :)

• Head Moderator

At £112 it should be good.

I used Bob Heath for the 1st time at the weekend and it worked a treat on my ESS V12's, i was really surprised how good it was so would recommend that, just go to any motorcycle shop they should stock it

At £112 it should be good.

I get what you are saying...However, I don't put a price on my eye sight...PLUS when I'm playing airsoft...I don't want my game play to be hindered by fogging goggles. I see you have a recoil, as do I, which we both know was more than £112. I personally would get frustrated by the fact that my £400 rifle is not getting used in game as it should because I cannot see.

What I am more annoyed about is the fact I probably spent £50-60 on different glasses all preaching they don't fog before buying those goggles

I am not trying to start a debate or argument - What people spend on their kit is their business, i just felt considering the comment, i would reply :)

• Head Moderator

I agree with you. Fogging ruins play. Also eyesight is priceless, which has put me off the low cost glasses option as I am not convinced on the ballistic protection offered. Having purchased several different pairs of goggles and still experiencing fogging (although have not tried cat crap, etc) moved on to paintball mask which works very well, and no suprises starts to hit the £100 mark. I can see myself adding the Desert Locust to my kit. :)

Cheers for all the advice guys, will try out as many as i can and give a verdict eventually.

When i was buying my bolle goggles, i only went with anything that had the correct EU balistic saftey standards, I rather like my eyesight :P

• Supporters

I agree with you. Fogging ruins play. Also eyesight is priceless, which has put me off the low cost glasses option as I am not convinced on the ballistic protection offered. Having purchased several different pairs of goggles and still experiencing fogging (although have not tried cat crap, etc) moved on to paintball mask which works very well, and no suprises starts to hit the £100 mark. I can see myself adding the Desert Locust to my kit. :)

I've ordered another set of ESS ICE glasses as the nosebridge seems to only come in a pack with the rims and the only places selling them cost the same or more than a whole set of glasses :rolleyes:

When I next get the chance i'm planning on shooting a pair of my Bolle glasses with a 500 FPS sniper rifle at point blank to see what happens. It won't be definitive proof but if they crack or completely break it's definitely bad news.

• Root Admin

Cheers for all the advice guys, will try out as many as i can and give a verdict eventually.

When i was buying my bolle goggles, i only went with anything that had the correct EU balistic saftey standards, I rather like my eyesight :P

First thing I do with new goggles: Put some masking tape over one corner and shoot it once at point blank range. Puts my mind at ease.

• Head Moderator

Stupid question, what is the purpose of the masking tape?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.