WE P226 upgrades

Neilbarker

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey, I'm after some info on the best parts to upgrade in the pistol I have. I have already replaced the spring guide as I read that the little pin on it was a particular weak point. So I got a guarder one and so far no problems. It also has a guarder 6.02 barrel and I think it's an A plus bucking.

But what else should I replace, and with what? Ive searched around but would like to know what's worked from other people's experience.

Thank you

My WE p226 is about 2 years old now and with me every game day.

only upgrade I've made to mine is a guader 150% recoil spring. Did have a problem with it when I added the 150% hammer spring and it wouldn't cycle with the hammer spring on WE Nuprol 4.0 gas so I run it with the stock hammer spring and just the 150% recoil spring and it works perfect.

• Root Admin

It shouldn't really because it's not the output valve that's fully responsible for shutting off the gas - the reason you'd put a 150% hammer spring in is to be able to actually depress the output valve enough under higher pressures in Nuprol 3.0, 4.0, Guarder Powerful, HPA etc. That's why I'm wondering.

well the slide wouldn't actaully go back because there was too much tension from the hammer that it wouldn't push the hammer back down and pass it. with just the 150% recoil spring it does lock back every time on nuprol 4.0

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.