ballistic glasses help

shortman

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well i played longmoor on saturday (epic venue!!!!!) and took my new smith optics boogie regulators which i give 10/10 for tacticoolness and style. But 0/10 for being able to see sod all! So after half a day of playing blind i swapped out at luch to the ever faithfull ess v12's.

Safe to say iv had my fill of goggles now and the smiths are going back. So can anyone recomend shooting glasses that wrap nice and far around the sides of the face and fit close but also have either a head band strap or can be fitted with one as i just cant deal with fogging anymore but still want as close to the face protection as i can get.

• Supporters

With regards to goggles though and specifically the Boogie Regulators - you have to take into account what they're designed for. Boogie regulators were originally designed as jump goggles for paratroops. They're only intended to work when you're moving fast enough to be forced air ventilated (so on a motorbike, falling out of the sky that kind of thing). Plenty of people seem to have been sucked into getting regulators because they are L33T Tacticool opr8tr goggles without realising that they will fog straight up the second you stand still.

Thats true i was some what sucked in by the look, but my brother runs revision goggles of the same design as the boogies only with out the vents so i assumed (fail i know) that the boogies would be even better. His revissions just bead the water and it runs down his lens so its a bit like its raining in his goggles but no fog. Mine where fone if the wind blew or i ran real fast but after 20mins the fog was so bad even jumping from a plane wouldnt of helped.

The ice look like they will tick the boxes. Ill check the revision range too.

As you are both playing on the next op, its always worth asking on the Okto group as well, as the guys on there will have foind their own solutions to provide fog free vision and protection without looking like a deep sea diver or the guy from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Lol, ill get deebo to ask as im a facebook-incompitant. Out of the tw the ess ice do apear to vome round closer to the face than the revision sawflys do and theae are the two closest in design that id be happy doest look like a sunglass afair that will lose me an eye lol.

• Supporters

I'm currently using Bolle contour which are nice and comfortable, plus they are rated despite being available for less than £10. Also have Bolle Cobra which come with a head band, which the contours don't - Cobras are meant for people with bigger heads or something along those lines.

http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Bolle-1.html

I was actually using ESS ICE but the rubber section that goes across the nose fell off, i'd recommend a couple of dabs of superglue where it connects to the plastic part of the nose section as it's just held in place by a couple of small plastic spikes. The issue is without that bit I find they are so close to my eyes that I can feel my eyelashes rubbing on the lenses when I blink. Good glasses though.

• Head Moderator

I had previously raised the question (thread in Advice & Technical Help / General, regarding anti-fogging goggles) of using these cheaper Bolle glasses which are only safety rated EN166F, this is only low impact resistant. So was not convinced that they are safe enough for CQB, especially in the UCAP Bunker which is very close and full auto. They probably work better outside where BBs hit from distance and with less energy, although sniper and DMR could still be too powerful, but would be concerned for impact resistance in closer proximity. I have no idea of the maths behind the impact damage of different BB weights from their fps and energy but expect someone on the forum can explain it properly. Think it was rating 'B' that gave adequate protection.

From what im looking at the ess ice seem to be the ones ill go for as im a small guy. The revissions just look a little too big for me around the side of the face given my build. Ill try them.

Oh and the regulators don't fog up if you use anti fog spray

I didnt have any spray at the time unfortunatly, they arnt very comfy either for long periods of play. My bros revissions are far better for the extra 20quid. And my go to back up ess v12's didnt fog atall in the same day and weather that the boogies went blind.

I use these http://www.tactical-...kit-15381-p.asp with a lower mesh mask - fits together well and no fogging whatsoever. Fan is v quiet (on low setting)...however, even on high setting, other people cannot hear it.

Doesnt fog up - does the job :)

• Moderators

i think a sticky, if not already, topic for goggles would be good with a few comments, i for one am looking at swapping mesh for goggles/glasses but not 100% sure what as want to keep my teeth but also protect my face...

maybe a topc with make of eye pro, good and bad, recommended anti fogging device (spray, wipe etc)

ok may not be ideal for all but will help us out eventually, even if the topic creator can update the first post each time?....cutting out OT stuff!

any, like the look of the glasses that wrap around a bit more :)

my revision sawflys are good. I would recommend them - They have never fogged an you can get them cheap aswell... And they look cool.

I use Muck off anti fog spray from halfords which seems to work well, and iv also found wearing your eyepro on route to the venue helps too as it seems to give the lenses time to adapt to your body heat. I use ess Ice but have had to glue the lenses to the arms as they kept coming loose at exactly the wrong moment!

That's your old moon head fast helmet too Shortman :) it's had a multicam makeover! :P

post-11797-0-05125700-1443958994_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

Also worth making sure the inside of your lenses are spotlessly clean. The dirtier they are, the more likely they are to fog up.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.