Lipo in a G&G CM16 SrXl?

AirsoftgoesAli

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Most airsoft guns come with mini tamiya connectors fitted for the battery. These connectors create a small amount of resistance because the current path isnt so clean. A deans connector gives a better connection so cleaner path with less resistance. The less resistance the better the power delivery to the motor when you pull the trigger. This gives you a snappier response when you pull the trigger. Some people change to lipos which have a better power delivery than nimhs but complain that they dont see a difference from the nimh battery, this is usually because they are still using the tamiya so lose some of the benefits of lipo batteries.

So basically get the connectors on your batteries and gun changed to deans to improve trigger response.

I have the srs version of this and it wont take my 7.4 lipos for some reason will only work with 9.4v nimh.

• Supporters

I have the srs version of this and it wont take my 7.4 lipos for some reason will only work with 9.4v nimh.

ehhhh wtf - the space is limited in stock or the 3rd burst fet no likey 7.4v lipo

what C charge is that 7.4v coz not heard of this stuff in any reviews n stuff

surely we not gonna have to run on higher juice

(and stop calling me Shirley)

I've got a Kong II burst wizard bell n whistle mofo in the FH DSG on 7.4v 25c

so can't work out why G&G SR is no likey 7.4v

Then again them G&G fet's can be qwirky in the past

surely you mean ya 7.4v don't fit in the stock

(and stop calling me Shirley ffs)

• Supporters

An electronic trigger gives better response and is supposed to last longer because there is no arcing.

Thats the idea anyway. Some people like them and some dont. I personally am on the fence I think they fail just as often as normal trigger switches but you do get a snappier response.

Deffo good idea to use a fet even a basic fet if running higher juice/motor/tweaked setup

stock gun on 7.4v not a major big must have but if going a bit higher or tweaking with neo motor etc....

Fit one - only minor ache is rewire and fitting it all in properly

if you can fit one - fit one is my opinion

• Supporters

Deffo good idea to use a fet even a basic fet if running higher juice/motor/tweaked setup

stock gun on 7.4v not a major big must have but if going a bit higher or tweaking with neo motor etc....

Fit one - only minor ache is rewire and fitting it all in properly

if you can fit one - fit one is my opinion

Hes on about electronic trigger not mosfet

I am assuming that the SrXL has a micro switch trigger instead of the standard connector type. Would agree with the mosfet but I would always use gate nanos.

• Supporters

ahh soz - got confused there....

(the electronic bit n fet)

yeah it has the ETU bollox or what ever it called like in BOT 300

the whole electronic trigger sounds bollox to me

but have seen a place

http://airsoftzone.co.uk/etu-electronic-trigger-unit-burst-mosfet-for-cm16-series-v2-gearboxes-gng

but as it fitted with fet it won't burn out - but still unsure about it being better mechanically than old skool trigger

(which is gonna be easier/cheaper to replace/repair imho)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.