How to preserve trademarks when spray painting

Llukiie

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

I am in the process of spray painting some 2 tone guns, and I am trying to find a way to preserve the trademarks. I have been told that putting candle wax on the area and scraping it off everywhere except the lettering may work, do any of you have an insight on how to do this, or any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

• Supporters

If the markings are engraved then you shouldn't be spraying so much paint as to obscure them anyway. If they're laser etched or painted then you're screwed whatever you do because they're not deep enough to hold any masking material (like wax).

If you have a steady hand and patience use this

http://www.rcsgraphicworx.co.uk/shop.php?more=47

Paint it on what you want to protect you need to administer several layers (3/4) or it won't work don't be stingy essentially or it will be a git to peel off.

Once dry it goes a clearish colour just spray your rifle when paint dries peel this off.

I use it for RC car bodies when painting

• Supporters

The problem with masking off trades is that they'll inevitably end up looking a bit rubbish. If you REALLY want to keep it all try and see if you can get decals made (if you have an inkjet printer you can get special paper and make your own).

Personally - I wouldn't worry about it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.