So I like the Tar-21

Berto

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Seeing as my local site is indoors cqb I think a bullpup is a good idea and I like the look of the tavor or tar 21 but it seems Ares are the only ones to make it. I've heard a mixture of opinions on area and wondered if anyone can offer facts not just opinion on the tar, or if there are other manufactures I should be looking at. Or are there others versions with slightly different names that still being a noob I've missed. Thanks

Berto

Barrel length makes very little difference in airsoft so a bullpup is not really gonna add any advantages over a short barrelled gun. Not trying to put you off, just saying is all.

Barrel length makes very little difference in airsoft so a bullpup is not really gonna add any advantages over a short barrelled gun. Not trying to put you off, just saying is all.

That's very true, but the weight distribution and length of barrel from your front hand allows better movement in more confined spaces imo. I like the look of the gun and in 6-7 months time I'll be in a position to spend quite a bit of time and money on a nice gun that appeals to me and the tar fits the bill. I just don't want to waste time and effort researching a gun if it turns out to be a turkey so I was wondering about any opinions people had on the Trevor (tavor) by Ares or if there are any other makes I could look at.

If I remember correctly the reviews I've seen have basically said the Ares is expensive for it is, especially considering Ares' notoriety for being unreliable and bad quality internally.

On the other hand there are also TAR-21s by S&T, but they're very low quality and it will be bad externally as well (where at least the Ares construction should be much better given they are supposed to be good with externals)

Finally the only other Tavors I can think exist are by Hephaestus, and also a 'Boys' model from Tokyo Marui.

Can't say much else tbh, don't personally like the feel of the gun (seemed very wide?) so have not looked any further into them. Although that said I handled one years ago so can't say if I tried it again I'd still dislike it or not.

The ares has the best externals as its one piece sell lile the real gun. The s&t pro is in two pieces but it has both better internals and more stamdard internals than the ares. I chose the s&t pro and its been the most reliable gun i own. I have a detailed review in the reviews section you should read.

• Supporters

There are 2 S&T versions (just clearifying what Candle said), the Pro and another. The pro is good, the other is the one that gets the hate. S&T does make really good guns (PPSH and Tar-21) and some not good ones, sometimes both (like with the two Tar models)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.