Two tone rubs off too easily

Mos

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, I bought this ICS CXP08 (it's awesome) anyways, for some of you that have been involved in the threads I have made regarding what gun to buy, you'll remember me :P but it is two tone red, yet the paint rubs off very easy, I'm not gonna lie, I like it rubbed off, but does this mean anything legally ? The paint rubs off very easily. (I am quite pleased it does though) I don't have a UKARA. Thanks.

• Moderators

Did my wife paint it???!!!!

Just use it for your 3 games and then no worries, you can't help the paint job. Just be sensible with it and kep it under wraps

Ah right, I do see it as a bonus lol. But, yeah, I guess it's their fault that their paint is bad. I'll just wait the 3 games and maybe sandpaper the paint off? I scratched a bit off of the hand guard off with my nail to see how weak it was... I guess sandpaper after 3 games would do. Thanks.

I wouldn't sand paper unless you like the worn look or plan on respraying it. Powerspray will do the trick

Indeed not, that'd be manufacturing a RIF which is illegal unless you have a valid defence.

On a completely unrelated topic, intending to use a RIF for airsoft is a valid defence and UKARA is only a way for retailers to verify this intent from the general public

• Root Admin

Er, on a serious note let's just remember that a valid defence isn't clarified but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be careful. Again, I've been without UKARA for going on two years now but I keep a copious record of my attendances just in case.

If you're reading this in two years time and you've just started airsoft then firstly, well done for getting the search to work in IPB. Secondly, if airsoft isn't banned already then don't be naughty - have a defence.

There - our disclaimer is done.

• Head Moderator

Love the police box, what scale is it? I could do with a 1:1 for the back garden, it would alleviate the problem of only having a toilet upstairs and not needing to build an extension.

• Supporters

Love the police box, what scale is it? I could do with a 1:1 for the back garden, it would alleviate the problem of only having a toilet upstairs and not needing to build an extension.

lol it ain't mine, though a TARDIS would be ideal for storing all my crap in

If we went back to pre Oct '07 before the vcra n stuff we wouldn't have ukara/2-tone/vcra paragraph stuff

Christ, thanks for the help, tbh, I'll end up sand papering it, but I'll be playing a game soon, so let's be honest, once I've recorded one game it shows I pretty much play air soft... If it's not enough, 3 games will come soon enough :P

• Root Admin

Yup, you'll be fine. I'd consider the Fairy power spray first and about an hour of scrubbing - that'll get almost all of it off. Takes a long time, but it's worth it for the results - you could use wet and dry but that tends to be less effective though you'll get quicker results.

Yup, you'll be fine. I'd consider the Fairy power spray first and about an hour of scrubbing - that'll get almost all of it off. Takes a long time, but it's worth it for the results - you could use wet and dry but that tends to be less effective though you'll get quicker results.

ah right, I'll look into fairy spray. Cheers pal

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.