Go pro; are they that good?

K@rl

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking at getting my first action cam so I can record/ re love all my awesome kills lol.

Been lookin at a go pro but last night some told me that the vivtar are just as good but a lot cheaper.

Would like opinions for people who have had both or any other makes people have used.

Must have an easy operating programme! Or I may have to get my 13 year old to edit it for me.

• Moderators

not looked at the other brands but i guess its where you have it mounted as to if it gets in the way?. my first game, a friend brought his along, attached somehow to the hire gun....and forgot it was on most of the time, then he wore it on his head, someone took a shot at it and broke the cover,....but he had fun and got some good videos at times.

another guy at work takes his mountain biking and loves it, he has recommended to me to get one....

sorry not much help am i! haha

• Moderators

yeah ive seen the helmet mounts :), why i asked the guy who goes mountain biking, ive just ordered a helmet! haha....and falls off his bike lots....what they are like, you could probably get the previous version cheaper now as i think they have updated it?

I use an SJ4000 camera mounted to my helmet in the NVG slot

I ordered the correct mount but never arrived but did get my money refunded after 9 days waiting for delivery, the seller was in constant contact with me

Being a hands on person, I made my own mount with all the bits supplied

The only draw back to the SJ4000 is it doesn't work with standard editing software & didn't come with a disk for it

The trouble with GoPros etc is that they are great for up close but will lose detail further out. I don't think I have seen many vids where you can actually see who the person is shooting at where they just use a head cam. You need a scope cam too with an optical zoom.

• Supporters

I've always used Contours instead, they're much cheaper, better battery life, better sound quality, simpler design and a little less imposing. They look like a bit of airsoft equipment rather than a big square camera.

GoPros still win on picture clarity and do use better camera sensors for higher resolution images and shit, but they're still both capable of full HD video at more than a good enough quality for airsoft videos.

You can pick up Contour ROAMs online for next to nothing second hand, and there's a bunch of different mounts for them too.

The trouble with GoPros etc is that they are great for up close but will lose detail further out. I don't think I have seen many vids where you can actually see who the person is shooting at where they just use a head cam. You need a scope cam too with an optical zoom.

Most of my play is done at indoor cqb sites so it's more to record the action of the day rather than the "kill" shot

if you are on a budget, get the hero. However, yeah mate they aren't cheap but they are the best

As am sure you know. Airsoft is a budget killer. Have wanted a camera for ages and now my load outs are complete (if that's possible) I would like to get one. Just want to make sure I don't waste my money on an over priced brand name.

As am sure you know. Airsoft is a budget killer. Have wanted a camera for ages and now my load outs are complete (if that's possible) I would like to get one. Just want to make sure I don't waste my money on an over priced brand name.

i think when a camera's name becomes a verb, i think you know you can trust them :)

in another way, don't buy the cheap china shit, its not worth it, I had one and its crap quality. The hero is like £90 ish quid :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.