New Airsofter

LuckyStudios

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Due to the fact I have posted some things already,

I should just say Hello Everyone, I'm Kit a New Airsoft Player.

If anyone could help me (proffrink Has helped me before!)

I am looking for a M4 or Starter Sniper (Left Handed or ambidextrous)

and places where I can get gear: Ammo Belts, Uniforms, ect..

And what is the best bb's?

Bulldog seem to be everywhere?

I heard there bad though?

Or Should I scarp it and get a kit? ( I know, I'm Kit Looking for a Kit, I get it.)

Thanks for everyone's help! :)

Kit.

FireSupport & Zero One are the best/most popular UK airsoft retailers. Both sell all the kit/bb's etc, just don't buy bulldog and the rest for sale on these sites will be ok.

Don't get a sniper (yet, perhaps once you've played awhile, are more familiar with woodland skirmishes and can upgrade one to make it vaguely worthwhile, and seen them being used enough to decide if a few metres extra range and sitting in a bush is worth it (I and the majority of players think not, hence why woodland skirmish isn't just a sniper battle))

As for M4, I'd recommend either an ICS (starts with 'sportline' or plastic bodied versions) or G&G (starts with Combat Machine). FireSupport stock more ICS, Zero One stock more G&G. They're generally about £150-£300 and considered the best place to start, as it's an M4 so can upgrade/swap bits out all you like and they're good base to start from. I personally prefer ICS

If you got money to burn, it'd still prob be best to get one of these M4 first and get a feel for the game and exactly what gun you like best, can always sell it when you're fully familiar with the huge range of airsoft guns on the market and their comparitive pro's and cons. No-one seems to end up using the same type of weapon they first bought let alone the gun itself, so best to wait before splashing serious cash.

P.S. Have a look in the guides section of the forums, there's actually some well written new-starter guides in there.

• Root Admin

That's a large font.

These two threads in particular will answer most of your questions:

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/3779-the-beginners-guide-to-airsoft/

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/17294-ians-guide-to-noobism-on-a-tight-budget/

And the index:

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/12854-new-player-guides-info/

M4 wise, I'd don't worry about it being ambidextrous initially - there's no brass flying out so being left handed is totally fine. Otherwise you may have to go out of your way to buy ambi selectors and mag releases and that's a hassle and significant expense. G&G CM16s are always popular, but it depends on your budget. ICS are also very good with their beginner M4s.

Sniper rifles: Almost always a bad choice for starting out. Great expense to upgrade so they're skirmishable and also require significant patience and knowledge of a site to get kills. Also, 'sniper' is a role, not a type of gun.

BBs: Depends on budget. G&G and ASG Blasters are popular and have a good reputation. Again, if you want to spend more there are other brands. Avoid Bulldogs - they're not 'everywhere', heh. What ungodly websites are you looking at?

Websites: Fire Support, Patrol Base, Zero One etc. I think they're listed in one of the guides.

• Head Moderator

Kit all depends on your budget and preferences. I like UK Tactical, very good service and discount offers (http://www.uktactical.com) and in particular the Warrior Assault System.

• Moderators

im popping into FFZ on sat....god wish it was Saturday tomorrow!....to have a look at the ICS range and the G&G, compare weight etc.....

only thing is im now liking the tan colour after seeing a few at the weekend! :lol:

M4 for a few games but after a few people i failed to shoot, i had a hire gun though...im tempted to also get a sniper type of some description based on the M4 that can reach a little further but not necessary the full range of a true airsoft sniper rifle!....but in time :)

ICS all the way, superior internals, just picked up an ICS ProArms Mk3 this week oh man it sweeeeeeeet B)

• Supporters

im popping into FFZ on sat....god wish it was Saturday tomorrow!....to have a look at the ICS range and the G&G, compare weight etc.....

only thing is im now liking the tan colour after seeing a few at the weekend! :lol:

M4 for a few games but after a few people i failed to shoot, i had a hire gun though...im tempted to also get a sniper type of some description based on the M4 that can reach a little further but not necessary the full range of a true airsoft sniper rifle!....but in time :)

Dont fall into the whole sniper/dmr thing of shooting further. A longer barrel doesnt do much for range on an aeg its all about the hop up, bucking nub combo, barrel quality/bore, bb weight/quality and most importantly that its set up properly.

You can get slightly more range because of higher Fps but not a lot. Would go for a more manoeuvrable gun over the extra few meters of range everytime.

300 fps with a good hop is more than sufficient for plastic death at range, pew pew pew :P

• Moderators

Cheers guys, I'm not gonna fall into that trap!,

Just fancied one based on M4 to carry around, I'll have a chat tomorrow and see if they can enhance my selection for me and help with my tinckering! Haha

To be honest, I prefer running and clearing rooms than sleeping in a bush!

• Moderators

Have a look at other guns other than the M4's. Be a little different.

Have a list, G33 I think was on it, just gotta keep my 6 yr old amused while I'm there dribbling. Like to feel the weight as well of a few

Anything else in the no more than £250 range but with front rails at least??

• Head Moderator

I don't know about that, I love spending time in some bush! And a sudden entry into a rear passage, just to see the surprise on her face. Back to airsoft... MP5 or MP5K work well at the Mall.

• Head Moderator

It is okay as my BBs already have wax on them (apparently) but prefer playing in a more natural environment :)

• Moderators

Haha wife sitting next to me when I read them two posts... Had to walk away!!!

Ok mp5 range as well, one I liked back in the early 00's

• Head Moderator

My HK416 is 10" (not keen on the barrel extension) and was fine in The Mall (where I have only played once so no expert there) but I like the idea of the Kurz as a secondary weapon. It is only the fact of needing different magazines that stops me getting one next instead of a pistol.

• Moderators

yeah off there later today....infact 2 hours from posting this!

few ideas but for mainly CQB sites, I've kinda ruled out the M16, to long unless its for the long shots!....wanted that back in the early days with a 203 underneath....for some reason! :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.