High Pressure Air sub forum in Advice & Technical Help

Sacarathe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

26 members have voted

1. 1. HPA subforum: a constructive addition?

• Yes
    • No

• Head Moderator

I only have an AEG but still find it fascinating to read some of the technical problems and advice from the gear-heads. HPA is a valid sub set. Maybe have one for springers too ;)

• Supporters

I'd like a separate HPA subforum so I don't have to wade through all the "mah daytona am orsum" threads every time I open the site.

But I'm a miserable git.

• Head Moderator

2 threads man. 2 threads :(

Yes but I am sure that the mods would love to spend a quick 5 minutes moving all the other HPA related threads into the new subforum. :)

I think a subforum would be good, keep the other threads cleaner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I think it’s worth having a sub section for it. There’s a number of members on this forum running HPA, all with different experience and all with their own ways of fixing an issue. Think it’s worth having because it’ll be a direct point for HPA users to go and for those who are possibly looking to come down the HPA route it’s a place for them to go and have a read about other members thoughts, problems, builds etc. also a place to ask questions as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Head Moderator

HPA and CO2 are still going to be hard to find unless there is a sub forum for them (or we get the search engine improved).

To put it simply, hpa guns work vastly differently to other gas guns, so peeps with problems would find it easier to find help if the few hpa wizards amongst us didn't have to find the threads in the gas section

And I'm pretty sure the community here has the sense to realise that whilst it is possible to act like a peat with a how gun (increasing fps, making BB hoses, etc.) Most people keep it within the bounds of reason, just a minority to deal with, though having said that, I've never met someone using hpa that wasn't a great sport, so it must be a small minority within a small minority

Back on topic. It might stop me posting in a hpa thread without realising it's not about my beloved GBB guns and embarrassing myself

Edit: being the awkward bastard that I am, here's a conundrum. Where would the owner of a converted GBB gun post his dilemma? It's not a GBB because it uses HPA and its not a straight up HPA because it has a moving bolt and nozzle. Do we have a separate thread for trans-gas guns in the interest of equality?

Edit: being the awkward bastard that I am, here's a conundrum. Where would the owner of a converted GBB gun post his dilemma? It's not a GBB because it uses HPA and its not a straight up HPA because it has a moving bolt and nozzle. Do we have a separate thread for trans-gas guns in the interest of equality?

Please elaborate.

I feel it is fair that any gun which is powered by HPA is a HPA gun. Should a converted GBB have problems with HPA, its a HPA problem until the gun is proved to function the same with its intended power source, then its a Gas guns issue.

EDIT:

*Airsoft - a few times.

Well there are two main types of HPA gun, one based on an AEG (like a p*, wolverine etc) and one based on a GBB (basically tapping your HPA line into the gas mags gas reservoir, and using the HPA in the same way as green gas, it through the line)

I was being an arkward bastard and comparing the two types like two "genders" of HPA guns, not male and female, but manly (GBB version) and girly (AEG version)*

*No offence meant, I'm just a GBB guy :D

Well there are two main types of HPA gun, one based on an AEG (like a p*, wolverine etc) and one based on a GBB (basically tapping your HPA line into the gas mags gas reservoir, and using the HPA in the same way as green gas, it through the line)

I was being an arkward bastard and comparing the two types like two "genders" of HPA guns, not male and female, but manly (GBB version) and girly (AEG version)*

*No offence meant, I'm just a GBB guy :D

What about Tippmann then?

Archived