A Noobs HPA Engine Build - My Wondrous Journey

Hef Legend

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Second Update Complete: Uploaded pictures and installation of Jack. Just working on fitting the externals and boy have I had some F*** it moments tonight.

Probably not for the moment. But I might look to in the future.

Had nothing but hassle with this build, so not that inclined to open it up again until my heart rate has settled lol, My first one was super easy :S

I'm still waiting on a PSG-1 style grip, butterfly style charging handle, Visionking scope and a suppressor.

• Root Admin

Looking good.

If you don't want the hassle, the Redline FlexConnect goes straight onto your macro line with a push fitting so no disassembly or anything - a little more durability for about £15. Certainly a good deal. I was looking at one until I switched over to an EU QD, and Beesting said they'd 'have them in stock again next week' (that was about 3 weeks ago).

So with that line, can I trim down the current line and then have this coming through the grip? I think someone mentioned this to me before, might be worth me dropping into the thread.

What suppressors would you recommend and would just normal filler cover up the trades?

Thinking what other little things I can do just to add to the appearance. Was tempted the spray the scope mount metallic red too xD

• Root Admin

Exactly - it's just a macro push fitting. There's also the Redline Grip Connect - which kind of has a picture that illustrates it better than I can describe.

I'm not a big suppressor guy. If the trades are just decals you can always use a solvent to remove them - if they're laser etched that's a different deal. I bought a couple of the Big Dragon suppressors off Airsoft Peak because they were cheap on sale, foam filled and I very, very rarely use them. There are certainly ones out there with M4 trades that you can get.

I think enough with the red. Trigger cool. Selector 'eh, cool'. Anything else and you're going for the 'straight outta UKARA' look, heh. Of course though it's your baby :)

Exactly - it's just a macro push fitting. There's also the Redline Grip Connect - which kind of has a picture that illustrates it better than I can describe.

I'm not a big suppressor guy. If the trades are just decals you can always use a solvent to remove them - if they're laser etched that's a different deal. I bought a couple of the Big Dragon suppressors off Airsoft Peak because they were cheap on sale, foam filled and I very, very rarely use them. There are certainly ones out there with M4 trades that you can get.

I think enough with the red. Trigger cool. Selector 'eh, cool'. Anything else and you're going for the 'straight outta UKARA' look, heh. Of course though it's your baby :)

They are etched/engraved :(

This is really informatively presented. :) Have you considered the slingplate airhose option, and if so, what led you to not go for it?

I just didn't think it was worth the extra money at the time, using other guns with the line in the grip, I've not had any issues.

I did look into the Redline Airstock Kit but again, the additional cost was so huge for something that personally bother me. That said, they are good idea and I can see the benefit :)

think we need to talk before buying different parts as we both have the exact same trigger and selector lol

Funny enough I was looking at the battleaxe stock that you have and thought to myself where have I seen this lol

• Supporters

Funny enough I was looking at the battleaxe stock that you have and thought to myself where have I seen this lol

lol. you should get one i really like it plus rather than using one of those tiny little 250mah batteries i can now use my 1000mah

• Supporters

This is my final build. One thing I did with this unlike my SMP was tested the accuracy and range also the alignment of the nozzle as well so I could see the difference if any once the P* was installed. Also got an Amped IGL which I really do like. Thanks to Spatch I got my Prowin hop working again after the hop adjuster pin fell out. Now I'm running it with a prommy purple bucking and Namazu firefly flat nub.

Screenshot_2015-09-26-18-01-00_1_zpspcuu

Screenshot_2015-09-26-18-01-12_1_zpsy9ya

This is my final build. One thing I did with this unlike my SMP was tested the accuracy and range also the alignment of the nozzle as well so I could see the difference if any once the P* was installed. Also got an Amped IGL which I really do like. Thanks to Spatch I got my Prowin hop working again after the hop adjuster pin fell out. Now I'm running it with a prommy purple bucking and Namazu firefly flat nub.

Screenshot_2015-09-26-18-01-00_1_zpspcuu

Screenshot_2015-09-26-18-01-12_1_zpsy9ya

Where have you run your FCU, into the stock?

On my first P* I cut out the stock same as people do when they run lipo's in the tube.

It's really annoying the FCU cable is so short and theres not enough give to push it into tube, I'm worried I'll break it lol

• Supporters

Where have you run your FCU, into the stock?

On my first P* I cut out the stock same as people do when they run lipo's in the tube.

It's really annoying the FCU cable is so short and theres not enough give to push it into tube, I'm worried I'll break it lol

So what I've done is upgraded my wire harness to the 18" cable but really didn't need it but still using it, ran it into the buffer tube hooked it to the FCU and folded it back into the buffer tube. Then using a battery extension cable like what I sent to you I plugged that into the FCU and ran it into the stock. So now the only bit I move is he battery. FCU is nice and safe.

So what I've done is upgraded my wire harness to the 18" cable but really didn't need it but still using it, ran it into the buffer tube hooked it to the FCU and folded it back into the buffer tube. Then using a battery extension cable like what I sent to you I plugged that into the FCU and ran it into the stock. So now the only bit I move is he battery. FCU is nice and safe.

I suppose once you've set it up once, you'll rarely have to touch it again.

Where did you get your stock from? I ordered a few bits from airsoft peak 4 days ago, I've yet to have an email or be told it's dispatched :( I ordered the same charging handle as you I think was about $9.90 lol

• Supporters

I suppose once you've set it up once, you'll rarely have to touch it again.

Where did you get your stock from? I ordered a few bits from airsoft peak 4 days ago, I've yet to have an email or be told it's dispatched :( I ordered the same charging handle as you I think was about $9.90 lol

Yeah exactly once you've got it setup right then it shouldn't need to be taken out. My stock came from Tiger111HK for £65 plus postage. There's a couple of UK sellers but they are £100 plus. After receiving it I found out Fubar sell a clone for like £30 or something.

Yeah AP have been slow lately, it took them 6 days to dispatch my charging handle.

So just a small update for people.

My scope has turned up, but still waiting on the parts from Airsoft Peak.

I had a rep from P* speak to me and they saw this thread and my two builds, they liked the guns and were grateful I did the guide. On the back of this we ended up speaking about performance and issues, I mentioned I was frustrated about the length of the FCU cable and they offered to send me one of each of my builds both of which are 5" longer than the standard.

Brilliant customer service, really nice guys. Thanks Rodd, you did P* justice!!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.