UCAP Sandpit - 27 September

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Head Moderator

UCAP Sandpit is holding an Arnhem inspired event on Sunday 27 September.

According to their facebook page: a game very loosely based on Operation Market Garden aka "a bridge too far"... Plenty of mortars and big bangs... hope to have a Russian tank alongside 432 APC, Saracen, and WMIK. Attacking team split into start positions to capture vital crossroads in middle of 'Arnpit'.

I shall be going, and it will be my first time at the Sandpit. No booking necessary, just rock up. May see some of you there.

www.ucap.co.uk/ucap-airsoft-venues/ucap-sandpit-venue

• Head Moderator

What a great time to be in Wales despite my home being 2 minutes down the A2 -_- I swear he puts on all the good games when I am unable to come xD

Yes, sod's law. So what is the Sandpit like? I have seen some youtube videos and it looks an interesting site to play.

Its changed a bit as they have had to put some fencing up but it is an interesting site. Gameplay suffers a bit though when there are too many people as it turns into a slogging match. Make sure you have a solid set of boots as the terrain is pretty interesting xD. I've never been up the causeway to the Fob so im not sure what that is like but the FOB itself looks pretty impressive.

Also if things get bogged down, there is a route around the edge of the lake which generally catches people completely of gaurd.

• Head Moderator

Yes I do have good boots, hiking and an old pair from Afghan, plus blister kit. If I get geographically challenged then it will become a recce of the area. I expect the scenarios this Sunday will force players along set routes and choke points. Looking forward to it, just hope no rain.

• Head Moderator

Just read the 4 page article in Airsoft Action (November edition) about the Sandpit. Good timing. It had a good write-up, although all sites in magazine do tend to. I did take on board the carrying of flapjacks, so have placed several in a spare pouch ready for the energy boost.

Just in case its hot you are going to want a hat, Bugger wearing a helmet as there is no shade so you end up boiling. You will probably want to be getting there for 9 to make sure you get a parking spot as well, it can fill up quite quickly on a busy day.

• Head Moderator

The weather looks good for Sunday so I am going to bake in my Fast Helmet. Do not have a hat, and a baseball cap does not sit on my Dye i4 face mask. More importantly I do have a Camelbak so will stay hydrated. Yes, I aim to be therefor 0900 hrs.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.