Well l96 magazine

TheGrover

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey folks

Bought a couple of spare magazines for a well mb01 from ASPUK. One works fine, the other seems to have had the follower installed the wrong way round, so the last BB rarely feeds properly and usually jams up between the cylinder head and the back of the hop chamber, and its a ball ache to get out

Before I go asking ASPUK like the Springer noob that I am. Is there a guide for disassembling a well l96 magazine? All I need to do is spin the follower round and it seems a bit petty to be sending a whole mag back for what could be 60 seconds work

Thanks fellas

• Root Admin

Ok, I'm back.

Pretty easy to take apart, but I'll get to that in a sec. The follower has a 'tab' on it which means you can't flip it around or it won't push down into the magazine. Simple as. Here's a pic:

pJxtZ2.jpg

Notice tab running along the 'BB well' and how it would interfere with the magazine wall after about the ~4th BB if flipped

NXjG67.jpg

Here's the follower with the tab pointing towards the camera

Edit

Lazy disassembly guide:

• Remove all BBs
  • Hammer out two pins on the side of magazine
  • Remove metal 'shroud' of mag (or plastic if you have a plastic one)
  • On one end you with see a flat head slot made of plastic - turn this 90 degrees and remove the spring (it will be under tension, obviously)
  • Remove plastic 'shroud' - you will notice a spring pushes this upwards. Remove the spring first, then pull the plastic part upwards and off (you may need to deform the plastic slightly to do this by pulling it away from the body of the magazine - you'll see what I mean)
  • Remove 4 screws - they are inset and you may need a glasses/jewellers screwdriver (Philips head)
  • Remove side of magazine

You're done.

I'm quite sure it's the follower. The original magazine and one of the new ones have the detent in the follower on the same side, one of the feed lips has a little bump which stops the last BB being pushed forwards by the curve of the follower.

The problem magazine has the detent on the other side of the mag, and no bump, so the last BB (or the first you push in) is squeezed forwards by the follower and falls out of the feed lips.

I'll have a go at opening mine and see if it is as I think

Thanks for the help dude

Sorted.

You were right. But the follower is made of two parts. These were the wrong way round I'm my mag. I had to push out the tiny pin and pit the swively follower back together the right way

Thanks for the help man

Edit

If you're having trouble. Which side of the magazine is the detent on? All my magazines now hold the first loaded BB on the right hand side of the magazine (towards the cocking handle)

• Root Admin

Ah, looked plastic to me and not very sturdy so I didn't fiddle with it - I'll do the same with mine if it's wrong.

First BB loads on the right but I still have an issue with maybe 1 in 3 mags. I don't really see why it'd make a difference as the mag lip is identical and the follower is symmetrical (i.e. dips the same to the front and rear).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.