FAQs

TheGrover

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Quick question to the afuk community that patrol this particular thread for the benefit of the newer airsofters who ask questions here:

Should we make a pinned FAQ topic for the most commonly asked questions? I ask since we seem to be asked the same half a dozen questions or so over and over

I propose we make the following FAQs:

Can I paint an IF a realistic colour without UKARA?

Can I give an RIF/IF to a friend/family member who doesn't have a defencek?

Do I need UKARA to purchase an RIF?

Can I travel by air with IFs/RIFsk?

Can I send RIFs/IFs in the post?

Of course, as a community, any other suggestions are more than welcome.

I only ask because at the time op posting this, there are four seperate posts asking about painting two tone guns or otherwise converting an IF on the first page alone

I think that the given answers to the questions should be produced by a few of us and there should be a general consensus that the answer captures both the letter of the law, and the spirit of the law, and clearly defines the two

Any thoughts? additions?

• Supporters

Think after a new member registers

then redirect them to the FAQ bit/Ian's guide or something ffs

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/12854-new-player-guides-info/

I like to chat/type but to keep typing same ol same ol crap is wearing my keyboard/fingers out

plus on an off day I may not be as friendly as others

(soz for grumpy replies on them off days)

The biggest problem with this is that most airsofters have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to legal matters, but they're still happy to try and talk about it.

For example, the answers to your 5 questions above are:

Yes

Yes

No

Yes

Yes

But if you open a thread and ask one of those questions you'll just get a massive range of conflicting views.

• Root Admin

Think after a new member registers

then redirect them to the FAQ bit/Ian's guide or something ffs

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/12854-new-player-guides-info/

I like to chat/type but to keep typing same ol same ol crap is wearing my keyboard/fingers out

plus on an off day I may not be as friendly as others

(soz for grumpy replies on them off days)

Unfortunately people will probably still skip it. In an age of lazy typing and even lazier, impersonal interactions on the internet it's all too easy to just ask your question and expect someone else to do the leg work for you. It's unfortunate because when I started out it was just before the whole VCRA changes in 2007 and no one had any idea what it meant anyway so I had to go and look it up myself - I never go on a forum and ask a question without searching first because I get the answer quicker. A nice side effect is that I also don't waste people's time.

The answers are out there if you just Google for 30 minutes, but some people can't even be bothered to do that a lot of the time.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.