Two-Tone first gun

SaltyBadger

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all!

Been a fan of airsoft for many years now, started when I started watching Airsoft GI and ScoutTheDoggie on YT.

I've had many spring guns for shooting cans etc, but never a 'proper gun'. I am planning on buying a G&G GR15 blowback from Zero One, but I'm hesitant because I plan on doing some custom work like adding a new rail, stock etc but the rail and stock will be two tone green, annoyingly. My dilemma is I suck mega balls at DIY, like seriously, I hate it, so when I was looking for to replace the rails online, my heart sank as it looked hard -_-.

I don't mind the the rails on the gun, but they'll be green, which is meh. I quite fancy something like the bottom gun.

So basically my question is: are there any metal easy to fit rails, preferably from a UK site. Or should I just try and remove the paint. I [will soon] have ordered a new tan crane stock, tan suppressor, and tan rail covers.

Sorry if this sounds confusing, I'm currently pretending I'm taking notes in my lecture.

• Root Admin

First things first: Replacing those brightly coloured rails is considered 'manufacturing an RIF' and is not legal without a valid defence. More information on that in this subforum: http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/forum/12-uk-law/ - your best option at this point as a new player is to go along to some games and get a feel for it - get your site membership and get a UKARA number registered as well. It'll allow you to get to know what gun you might really want too - M4s look cool, but there are plenty of others out there that you may not have even considered until you go and have a play around with them or see other people with them.

Anyway, to answer your question: Refitting the rails isn't too tricky, but any modification in airsoft does require getting your hands dirty a bit. Standard AEGs sometimes come with a 'delta ring' - this is a generic fitting that can fit a large number of rails - that's one option, but the picture you've given and the link to the gun you have there don't have one of them so you're slightly more limited but certainly not completely as actually the rails without delta rings are easier to work with - it's just a matter of undoing screws with allen keys and fitting a new one and is in fact easier than grappling with a delta ring.

Here's a link to the rails you see in that photo you've provided: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/madbull-9-inch-daniel-defense-lite-rail-picatinny-handguard-sand.html#.Vf_bXcOD7-U

UK link: http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/madbull-9-inch-daniel-defense-lite-rail-picatinny-handguard-sand

If you've been watching the Airsoft GI videos, you probably seen this:

...Which is a video demonstrating removal of a delta ring (pretty hard on some AEGs by some brands). Again though, if you're looking at a gun without a delta ring (which you have indeed linked to) then it's much easier and simply requires a set of allen keys and some elbow grease.

As for starter guns (which I assume you're curious about too as it's the title of the topic). The G&G CM16s are good; I'm not sure if I'd bother with their blow-back ones initially but I have no first-hand experience with them so maybe someone else can offer up some advice. It really depends on how much you are happy to spend - what's your budget?

You do not have to be over 18 to become a site member. Also if you can prove you have skirmished those ties there is nothing stopping them counting towards UKARA Registration anyway, as long as you are know over 18.

Definitely better to sort out a defence first and buy a decent gun straight off.

Best decision mate, though please learn about the defence. You are not getting a 'UKARA' ( UKARA is a Retailers Association ) you are getting a site membership which is your defence, which will then be logged on the UKARA Database. It is also commonly referred to as a license, it isn't. This may seem like nit picking but the more people that repeat this rubbish the more confusing it gets.

Enjoy airsoft.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.