Starter Airsoft Help For Left Handed Person

LuckyStudios

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

I Seem to have a problem,

I am a sniper who;

Is Left Handed & Right Eye Dominate.

If anyone can help, I'm looking for any sniper rifles witch I can use,

or Mods I Can do to a VSR11?

Thank you all in advance,

LS

• Root Admin

You can swap the bolt handle for a left handed one by buying an aftermarket one on the VSR-10. Two things though: Firstly, if you're new you should very much consider other options for your starting gun if you want to skirmish it. Secondly, if you're right eye dominant then is a right hand setup not better? It should be much easier to cycle a bolt with your less dominant arm than have to use your weaker eye.

Edit:

Whoops - I was thinking of an L96 left-handed handle I'd seen. Ignore the bit about an 'aftermarket part'. It can be done through modding the stock one though.

Also, I notice you've already bought the VSR in question (if your profile is accurate), so feel free to ignore the advice about not buying one as a starter too. It's mostly about technique anyhow - there's no brass flying out that's going to hit you in the face so being left handed is fine. I've never had an issue cycling my L96 left-handed, and I've been shouldering it on the left too as I prefer to use my left eye.

• Supporters

I'm left handed and right eye dominant and shoot rifles right handed. For me I actually find it harder to shoot rifles left handed, but with pistols I prefer my left hand which is ideal for dropping a rifle on a sling to draw your pistol.

I guess it comes down to what is the most comfortable for you as I really struggle to aim down sights shooting rifles left handed for whatever reason.

You can swap the bolt handle for a left handed one by buying an aftermarket one on the VSR-10. Two things though: Firstly, if you're new you should very much consider other options for your starting gun if you want to skirmish it. Secondly, if you're right eye dominant then is a right hand setup not better? It should be much easier to cycle a bolt with your less dominant arm than have to use your weaker eye.

Edit:

Whoops - I was thinking of an L96 left-handed handle I'd seen. Ignore the bit about an 'aftermarket part'. It can be done through modding the stock one though.

Also, I notice you've already bought the VSR in question (if your profile is accurate), so feel free to ignore the advice about not buying one as a starter too. It's mostly about technique anyhow - there's no brass flying out that's going to hit you in the face so being left handed is fine. I've never had an issue cycling my L96 left-handed, and I've been shouldering it on the left too as I prefer to use my left eye.

Thank You For The info!

I Have had my heart set on a sniper like novritsch.

I Would think so also to use my right arm to use the blot, but in places I have been, and rifles I've shot,

I have always used my left hand to reload (when the gun was a Left handed one)

but as for the walk-tough, I definitely might have a good try.

Thank you Very Much for Your information!

I'm left handed and right eye dominant and shoot rifles right handed. For me I actually find it harder to shoot rifles left handed, but with pistols I prefer my left hand which is ideal for dropping a rifle on a sling to draw your pistol.

I guess it comes down to what is the most comfortable for you as I really struggle to aim down sights shooting rifles left handed for whatever reason.

Yes, I See what you mean, clearly for everyone it's the deference in what's more comfortable,

For some weird reason, I have this sort of OCD that makes my brain only use my left hand for everyday things e.g:

holding a can in left and not the other way round.

But anyway,

Thank you very much for your information!

Edit:

Just 1 More Question, Do you think there is a after market left hand bolt?

Thank you,

LS

• Root Admin

Don't think so, no. Did about 5 minutes of Googling when I wrote that post and realised I was wrong but couldn't find one. Maybe a deeper search might reveal something, but the stock off the VSR-10 isn't set up to accept a left handed bolt, so either way you're looking at some modification.

At least in airsoft you aren't gonna get red hot empties down your top shooting left handed!

If you can't train yourself to show right handed, I'd get a red dot sight then you'll find it easier to aim having both eyes open, but training your dominance is what you'd be told if you were shooting for real, it's hard but ive had a few mates over come it.

Am a lefty too and right eye dominant. I generally shoot righthanded although shoot lefthanded just as well. Cycling the bolt on a sniper is a bit of a pain lefthanded but doable, but just learn to shoot righthanded.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.