Torch recommendation

Matto2494

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all

Can you guys recommend a torch with multi modes and possibly a pressure switch. Looks at a few but not sure if they are any good

20mm rail system

Thanks

• Head Moderator

I can recommend the TrustFire G02 CREE XP-G R5. You can get them on eBay for about £11-16. You need one CR123A battery, a rechargeable one will cost another £7-9.

It is a basic small cheap tactical flashlight that fits onto a 20mm RIS picatinny rail. I have mine mounted under my barrel and in easy reach of my foregrip to pressure switch on the 600 lumen light/strobe. It is small enough to fit a pistol. Being 600Lm it is bright. Only on, off, and strobe.

Only negative is the lens is not BB proof, had mine shot out at The Mall, but the flashlight still worked. Will get a thicker filter to protect it.

I can recommend the TrustFire G02 CREE XP-G R5. You can get them on eBay for about £11-16. You need one CR123A battery, a rechargeable one will cost another £7-9.

It is a basic small cheap tactical flashlight that fits onto a 20mm RIS picatinny rail. I have mine mounted under my barrel and in easy reach of my foregrip to pressure switch on the 600 lumen light/strobe. It is small enough to fit a pistol. Being 600Lm it is bright. Only on, off, and strobe.

Only negative is the lens is not BB proof, had mine shot out at The Mall, but the flashlight still worked. Will get a thicker filter to protect it.

I got one of the trust fire ones. Seems very small. Seems bright enough.

• Head Moderator

It is very small, hence is fits a pistol, but is still 600Lm and does the job. Also handy as a back up torch, and one you can set down on a floor for distraction.

I also have a Fenix PD35 which is closer to £50. It has 5 different settings up to 960 lumens and strobe. It takes the 18650 battery (or possibly 2 x CR123A) You can put a tail switch on it. It is a flashlight that I use for camping or when travelling. I have a flashlight mount that it sits in on 20mm RIS and green filter for lens protection.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.