Best gun for 400 quid?

Mos

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, just wondering what's the best assault rifle for 400 quid? (The best valued gun between 200-500)

• Root Admin

When you get into that sort of money it's very, very subjective. We could tell you what to avoid though purely spec. wise, but up that high you're probably putting money into the external look too (again, very much up to you).

My opinion: Pick up a nice looking something like a G&P and then have enough left over for some mags before spending on it over a 6 month period because the internals aren't brilliant. Out of the box, maybe a non-EBB Marui, high cycle or something second hand.

When you get into that sort of money it's very, very subjective. We could tell you what to avoid though purely spec. wise, but up that high you're probably putting money into the external look too (again, very much up to you).

My opinion: Pick up a nice looking something like a G&P and then have enough left over for some mags before spending on it over a 6 month period because the internals aren't brilliant. Out of the box, maybe a non-EBB Marui, high cycle or something second hand.

Yeah... I kinda get you, just what is the best gun for value?

• Root Admin

Going for value at £400 may not be the best tack - the internals don't get hugely better than the £220-300 range for the price. Again, it's generally externals.

It really depends what you like the look of. Your basic M4s and AKs will be - as a general rule - better value internally as there's more competition between the brands and you'll get more for your money, but above the £300 mark you should obviously be considering externals as well as they factor into the 'value' of that gun to you specifically. I can't tell you what you like the look of.

Then you have to consider barrel length and ROF and optics and lots of other things. Generalising a lot, but do you want high torque with a better trigger response or a faster motor and higher ROF? Do you want to go the DMR route? Electric blow back or not blow back or maybe even a GBBR?

What have you had your hands on and enjoyed so far? If you want performance, then the TMs still perform very well at low FPS but externally they can be lacking slightly. The inverse is true for G&P, so they're the two ends of the spectrum. Lately there's been a lot of talk about Krytac as they're quite good.

Going for value at £400 may not be the best tack - the internals don't get hugely better than the £220-300 range for the price. Again, it's generally externals.

It really depends what you like the look of. Your basic M4s and AKs will be - as a general rule - better value internally as there's more competition between the brands and you'll get more for your money, but above the £300 mark you should obviously be considering externals as well as they factor into the 'value' of that gun to you specifically. I can't tell you what you like the look of.

Then you have to consider barrel length and ROF and optics and lots of other things. Generalising a lot, but do you want high torque with a better trigger response or a faster motor and higher ROF? Do you want to go the DMR route? Electric blow back or not blow back or maybe even a GBBR?

What have you had your hands on and enjoyed so far? If you want performance, then the TMs still perform very well at low FPS but externally they can be lacking slightly. The inverse is true for G&P, so they're the two ends of the spectrum. Lately there's been a lot of talk about Krytac as they're quite good.

thanks for the great help, I will take that into account, and probably will look at around 250-300 quids worth.

• Supporters

Best value cyma CM028 ak

To be honest there is no "best gun" as at that budget there all pretty sweet.

But what do you want? Realism? Reliability?range? rate of fire? Upgrade ability?

Best advice, handle a few see what suits you best

• Root Admin

thanks for the great help, I will take that into account, and probably will look at around 250-300 quids worth.

I mean I know you should keep this in mind when reading any post here, but more so than ever - that's just one guys opinion. I say over £300 you're looking more at externals and I would use the extra £100 to upgrade your gun internally. If you're in it for the long haul, get something really flash looking for the £400 mark externally and then upgrade the internals over time.

Either way, you should be upgrading. Some of the newer stuff is very, very competitive out of the box, but never the best you can get - for that you need to get more hands on.

• Supporters

Disagree the 3 guns I linked are all externally very good and internally are better than pretty much any stock gun. The quality of materials on all 3 is high inside and out.

G&P externals are nice but only if you want an M4 style platform and the internals are garbage.

Tm are still the best gbb pistols but aeg wise I think that a lot of it is fanboyism. They perform well wether its high cycle or recoil but there are better quality guns out there. Still love the recoils though.

Airsofters are a bit blinkered to change sometimes which is why the krytac has been met with a bit of scepticism. I look at everything from an engineering point of view and quality trumps everything.

• Root Admin

Out of the three you linked two are between £200-300 which is exactly what my point is - you can get great stuff for 300, not 400. When you hit that 300+ mark you're basically spending money on externals, and I agree that G&P aren't brilliant internally and that's why I'd only recommend them for the externals as a long-term upgrade project.

Have you actually fully understood my post because you don't seem to be actually disagreeing with me on anything:

Pick up a nice looking something like a G&P and then have enough left over for some mags before spending on it over a 6 month period because the internals aren't brilliant.

Lately there's been a lot of talk about Krytac as they're quite good.

• Supporters

Out of the three you linked two are between £200-300 which is exactly what my point is - you can get great stuff for 300, not 400. When you hit that 300+ mark you're basically spending money on externals, and I agree that G&P aren't brilliant internally and that's why I'd only recommend them for the externals as a long-term upgrade project.

Have you actually fully understood my post because you don't seem to be actually disagreeing with me on anything:

Actually 2 of them are normally in the £370/£380 mark. Not sure why the 56-2 comes up as £299.99 I took the price from the front page

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/gun.asp?page=realsword

£380 the average price.

Yes the Krytac is under 300 by a whole £5 but the range in general are over £300 (spr/pdw).

Wasnt disagreeing with you on the Krytac. I used the Krytac to point out a lot of peoples mistrust of anything new and the way people cling to the so called tried and trusted. That was mainly for the op and post in general.

As for understanding your post, that was a bit pretentious and nasty.

You have hurt my feelings and I am going to have to sulk now. 😢

• Root Admin

Actually 2 of them are normally in the £370/£380 mark. Not sure why the 56-2 comes up as £299.99 I took the price from the front page

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/gun.asp?page=realsword

£380 the average price.

Yes the Krytac is under 300 by a whole £5 but the range in general are over £300 (spr/pdw).

Wasnt disagreeing with you on the Krytac. I used the Krytac to point out a lot of peoples mistrust of anything new and the way people cling to the so called tried and trusted. That was mainly for the op and post in general.

As for understanding your post, that was a bit pretentious and nasty.

You have hurt my feelings and I am going to have to sulk now.

I couldn't understand this post.

• Supporters

I got a G&P War Rifle for £350 and what a weapon before I gutted it to be a P*.

Mots keymod rail, ambi mag release catch, Vltor upper. Range was really good too.

• Supporters

Boys and their toys crap....

Toy guns are similar to the cars we drive or floats your boat

You could go out and buy either a Ford or a BMW say...

You "could" upgrade the Ford to perform better than the BMW

But even though the Ford will be much better performing - it will STLL be a Ford

(even if it had a BMW lump in it)

If you want a BMW and got the cash then get a BMW

if you like the Ford wanna tweak it - fine go for it

I don't give a crap really - I'm off to fit some bitching neons to the underside of my Ford G&G's and get a Kiss FM sticker / patch

Hoping to get a pic of my gun with some girl showing her jugs off in next months Fast Gun Magazine

935211_527130650687955_401609542_n.png?o

Jeeezzz - am I really that sad - YUP :D

• Supporters

SOZ - MODS PLEASE DELETE THIS COZ IT MIGHT MUST OFFEND...

for TriggerHappy:

airsoft-airsoft-demotivational-poster-12

Sorry was trawling for guns n girls pics & this frightening pic turned up

Now seriously considering giving up airsoft now - I've been scarred for life

Soz, no more pics and sorry for derailing yet another thread

• Supporters

for TriggerHappy:

That is so so wrong.😲

Belongs on a big game hunting forum not an airsoft one.

for TriggerHappy:

Woah black beauty & back up a bit !!!

I thought whale hunting was illegal in most/all parts of the world ??

I'd hunt that with a real steal :)

Boys and their toys crap....

Toy guns are similar to the cars we drive or floats your boat

You could go out and buy either a Ford or a BMW say...

You "could" upgrade the Ford to perform better than the BMW

But even though the Ford will be much better performing - it will STLL be a Ford

(even if it had a BMW lump in it)

If you want a BMW and got the cash then get a BMW

if you like the Ford wanna tweak it - fine go for it

I don't give a crap really - I'm off to fit some bitching neons to the underside of my Ford G&G's and get a Kiss FM sticker / patch

Hoping to get a pic of my gun with some girl showing her jugs off in next months Fast Gun Magazine

935211_527130650687955_401609542_n.png?o

Jeeezzz - am I really that sad - YUP :D

I think we should have a girlfriend in airsoft gear thread !

I might just run around an airsoft field with a stapler. See where that gets me.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.