Shotguns and riot shields?

Lewis Sharp

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm unsure whether riot sheilds are allowed at sites and how useful are they compared to there weight. Does anyone on the forum own a riot sheild and if so what type. As for shotguns where would you use them/should you have a stock on them or are shortened/stubby shotguns better? Thanks guys.

Riot shields are allowed at my local site providing the marshals know about it. In game they deflect bullets but are taken out by grenades (including the wielder).

As for shotguns: they are best suited for CQB but can be effective in woodland provided you know your effective range. Stock length is personal preference: I prefer a short pistol grip for CQB as it makes the gun smaller and easier to manoeuvre whereas in woodland I prefer a full stock as it makes racking the pump and aiming easier.

I only use my shot gun for cqb

Looks like it to me but but not all manufacturers make the same rail size, some are 19mm, 20mm or 21mm I believe

• Supporters

N1 would this futon the rail do you think?

http://www.evike.com/products/42182

Should do but on a tri shot it's pretty pointless as they are the easiest guns to point and shoot you can get in Airsoft. If you want it for the looks though then crack on.

I'd always avoid the riot shield as it can be seen as a cheap tactic and i've also had people using them not take their hits when you shoot around it. In real life they are normally used to prevent people behind them taking hits in tight spaces like corridors and doorways, where shooting round the sides of them could result in your fingers or hand being blown off.

Bunker 51 had riot shields lying about, I always used to get told off for picking them up and using them.... DONT LEAVE THEM IN THE SITE THEN Grrrrrr

But havent seen anyone at any other site using them. Think they could be good fun to use though. Imagine getting stuck in a corner pinned down by loads of fire hiding behind some clear perspex, I would be shitting myself waiting for the inevitable grenade rolling in...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.