Airsoft Vs Milsim - Differences ? Opinions ?

RandomTrashy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The way I see it is, Milsim is for players who want to look like the real thing and take things more serious than the usual skirmisher and not arse about quite as much but it's still absolutely nothing like the real thing, nowhere near.

The fact that it's still grown men pretending makes whole mindset, location and pressure of a Milsim not realistic apart from to look at.

Edit... I can't really explain what I mean lol, but that's no way supposed to be a Milsim put down as I do enjoy it it!

I'm sure you get me..

But you did explain it well to the layman

• Supporters

Airsoft skirmishing is for people who want to run around have a laugh and shoot each other with bb guns.

Milsim is for guys who became accountants but like to pretend that they are Sas Elite Super Soldier for a day/weekend. Think table top wargaming with real people. 😉

• Supporters

If your trousers cost more than your gun then you're probably playing milsim.

/endthread

Cant really fault the video - seems pretty balanced.

To us, airsoft is just a technology which allows you to play a game. It could be replaced with another technology at some point, depending on a lot of factors, maybe not. Its just a component of a wider subject.

Your video is really more a comparison between skirmishing and milsim or other role playing games.

Of course, Airsoft is a larger part of skirmishing than it is milsim. Our parent group also organises wild west games (is that westsim ?) where they have migrated to blank firers and of course re-enactors dont tend to use airsoft.

The video is rather simplified but we suspect that it has to be because of the running time, so fair enough.

In reality, there are lots of "flavours" of milsim and they cater for different audiences who still want to play some form of milsim. It doesnt have to be special forces loadouts and 48 hours plus to be milsim.

Hi Guys,

I posted a video recently about Airsoft and Milsim ?

I'd love your feedback and opinions please :)

Im off to my first milsim event in december (okto 8's event). I love skirmish games but sometimes wish people worked a bit more like a team than just aload of people out for themselves. Variaty is the spice of life and as much as i enjoy and have a laugh just running round like a gun ho crazy mofo the idea of working as a team to attack/deffend or obatain and objective seems fun too. Doesnt mean because you want a bit more team based eviroment that i need to by an saab and bevome an accountant whith a high horse.

• Head Moderator

If your trousers cost more than your gun, then you have not paid enough for the gun

• Supporters

If your trousers cost more than your gun, then you have not paid enough for the gun

http://www.uktactical.com/p-11169-crye-precision-combat-pants-gen-3-multicam.aspx

Plenty of decent guns under £220...

Are you shitting me! They cost £220, there's guys at my local site wear them... It's my mission to not be in their team and test if £220 trousers makes them not yelp like a girl when I make contact 😂

• Supporters

Unfortunately things like that just give milsim a bad name. Our rebel force in our game series vy with each other to achieve the meanest rebel loadout at the least cost. The key to milsim is imagination which is free.

Ah but I would wager the "other side" are willy waving about how accurate their loadout is... :D

To be honest - no.

Some teams like to import kit because they like authentic camo or a particular rig, but Ive never seen any kind of elitism. Our loadout requirements are deliberately vague because not everybody can afford gucchi and our conflicts are deliberately fictional.

There is a DPM losely based loadout which yes is a Heinz 57 and allows a lot of latitude in kit for the rebels amongst us who dont like to conform.

Its a bit like football teams - you can fight with the team you support or best like the look of.

At the end of the day, it IS a game.

If people feel the adrenaline rush and that gut wrenching twist sphincter twitch when a firefight kicks off or that "high" when you creep into the enemy camp undetected and manage to steal a hostage or a technological cutting edge gizmo right from under their nose, then thats what we hope for.

We have quite a few ex mil players. They all know the difference between real combat and milsim games, but they still rave about them for weeks after.

Its probably one of the closest things you can do in civilian life to reconstruct the cameradie and team work that most miss from their time in the military,

• Head Moderator

Cheers Lozart, Now that I have seen those Crye trousers I really must get some... now can anyone recommend a Justbb gun ;)

[wish I could get the quote button to work ]

It would be nice for you to contribute, to the forum rather than just constantly spam your own content.

I have given my opinion in the video and I would be happy to retype it for you if it would help :)

I'm a milsim player and I enjoy it over the standard skirmish type game as explained in the video also if it helps here is the general kit I use explained below -

I don't think what I have spent is excessive at all ?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.