No experience but looking for first gun

Ryannn

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

How old are you mate if your over 18 I would recommend just using the hire guns at the site you attend ( they may have more than one model) then once you are Ukara registered you can spend money on a rif without the two tone. That's what I was advised to do when I started. Other than that what type of Rif do you want?

• Supporters

sigh welcome to forum but no offense please read:

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/17294-ians-guide-to-noobism-on-a-tight-budget/

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/3581-new-and-looking-for-somewhere-to-play/

infact try this:

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/12854-new-player-guides-info/

99% of info is in there - saves a lot of time and you will gain a wealth of knowledge from those excellent guides

(written by much wiser people than me I might add)

After that you you will have a much better idea about airsoft and toy guns etc....

welcome once again sir

Can't help you for that area I'm afraid but I found that people at the sites are usually very amenable and will let you look over their Rifs. as for cheap first guns I got an ICS sport line M4 carbine when I started I think it was £90 and it's never missed a beat of all the Rifs I have and its the only one that has never had to have work on it. Quite good FPS and range as well. hope you enjoy ta first skirmish.

From Derby I can reccomend Craftys Airsoft wild park I went there last Sunday it's a great site with fantastic marshalls - the bottom of my guns motor fell out and they set me up with a rental to see me through the last few games.

Here's the link:

www.craftysairsoft.co.uk

PS I have a Honey Badger and I have to say its a great gun it's just more high matinence than most other guns - as I found d out on Sunday!

Hey man.

As a newbie myself, I'd highly recommend the Cyma 030 Glock AEP. There are several reasons for this:

It's cheap and cheerful, but it gets the job done. It's FPS is somewhere between 200 and 240, so it's enough, but there's no excess of firepower. I got mine for £75.00, two-toned.

It's an AEP, that means battery powered - this means the only cost of shooting it is the cost of the BBS (and the mains to charge it up).

There are hundreds of upgrades available for it - it is basically the same as a TM glock18, so all the parts fit perfectly. Since I got mine, I've bought a weaver rail attachment with a silencer thread, a red dot to sit on the weaver, a 14mm silencer and a 100 round extended magazine and a spare battery! You can get new springs, gearboxes etc. to up your FPS if you really need to as well.

The main reason I suggest it though, is as above - you should really hire an AEG from the sites you're playing at and get an idea of what you like, then when you've got UKARA you can get one that's not two-toned. I think most sites would be fine with letting you renting an AEG but bringing the glock along as a side arm, so you can get the best of both worlds!

• Supporters

the bottom of my guns motor fell out

PS I have a Honey Badger and I have to say its a great gun it's just more high matinence than most other guns - as I found d out on Sunday!

Its not more high maintenance than most other guns its just crap. Ares are generally crap would rather have a G&G combat machine its better quality £100 less and looks better, and trust me I am no big fan of G&G.

Recommending the honey badger is like saying chicken is better if eaten raw.

Actually would probably take salmonella over the honey badger.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.