UAR

GingerBreadMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So i just got a UAR the other day and upon opening the gearbox.... woah. It was disgusting and ill link some pictures.

Anyway i need to replace some crap/broken parts and have some questions. Does anyone know what nozzle the gearbox takes?

and as the gearbox is a quick change spring system can i replace the spring guide?

And finally anyone know if a standard AK hop unit is compatible? It uses a slightly different one, ill take a photo tomorrow

Here are the parts im thinking of:

http://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/bushings-shims/zci-bushings-7mm

http://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/cylinder-heads/zci-cylinder-head-aluminum-v2-v3

http://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/pistons-heads/zci-piston-head-aluminium

http://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/pistons/zci-piston-with-one-tooth-reinforced (or are the SHS ones THAT much better?)

am probably going to get a flat nub and g&g green or prommy purple too

CFB47055-1C65-4EE0-A614-56A673606299_zps

cylinder head

CA32C84D-A4F3-4389-A476-DF83BC22DC8F_zps

piston (there was literally zero compression with this! no resistance when pushing through the cylinder!)

084B06C4-FBE9-4DCF-8A02-521F7F04AD03_zps

Spring guide

• Supporters

spring guide - very likely bespoke

cylinder head - normal v2/3 head double o-ring should be fine but not the mega long ak or g36 type

suggest a better plastic pom/nylon piston head if wanting to go faster

or maybe a double o-ring ali one - but this would be the only ali one I'd use

(make absolute sure you use loctite thread lock of piston bearing - often I don't fit them myself but if you do threadlock or it WILL come undone)

piston - anything will do if stock piston is looking chewed up

could go for an all metal rack plastic piston coz the uar is not a very very quick firing gun in its standard form

more detailed stuff here:

http://www.booliganairsoft.com/2013/03/aps-uar-urban-assault-rifle-aeg.html

spring guide - very likely bespoke

cylinder head - normal v2/3 head double o-ring should be fine but not the mega long ak or g36 type

suggest a better plastic pom/nylon piston head if wanting to go faster

or maybe a double o-ring ali one - but this would be the only ali one I'd use

(make absolute sure you use loctite thread lock of piston bearing - often I don't fit them myself but if you do threadlock or it WILL come undone)

piston - anything will do if stock piston is looking chewed up

could go for an all metal rack plastic piston coz the uar is not a very very quick firing gun in its standard form

more detailed stuff here:

http://www.booliganairsoft.com/2013/03/aps-uar-urban-assault-rifle-aeg.html

Cheers Duck.

I was worried that the spring guide would be as although ita a bearing one its plastic :/

Yeah the one in there looks like a normal cylinder head

thought id actually linked the plastic one lol and yeah i dont fit the bearings either.

Probs not going to go all metal yet if at all, especially when replacing all of this at once. Get it running well together first then maybe swap out i think.

• Supporters

reading the review

think they are 8mm bushings

the hop is ak type but nub is built into arm ???

might be able to partially replace bits of it - arm to accept a normal seperate nub

but think the hop is adjustable from both sides unlike ak one just right side

first uar's had battery up front when they first came out but later changed to rear wired

plastic spring guide should be ok as long as you don't run crazy springs

(might be able to fit a ver 3 with the "lugs" cut down to clear/enter box but you need to turn/lock guide into place under spring tension)

if you bought the broken one this week that wasn't a bad buy with all them mags

magwell is short n stubby and don't like the normal mags - even magwell mod can be tricky as the mags have less magwell walls supporting them

but if you did get that one on here it is worth it with all them mags

(was looking but gotta stop buying & get fixing guns - lol)

nice gun - little qwerky but a nice change from the usual everybody hasthat "m4 ak g36 mp5" club

h I'll try and replace just the arm. The hop up ales screws into the gearbox so can't be replaced but it's alright anyway, metal one.

Could try that with the spring guide actually

And yeah it's the one from here, pretty happy with the deal on it bit of a change from an m4

I thought the uar had a pretty standard v3 box, not 100% though.

I was thinking of buying this as my first gun, but went for an ICS instead :P certainly a gun you don't see often, I think I've seen one in the whole year I've been part of the sport

• Supporters

2 types of ak nozzle

http://www.clandestineairsoft.com/nozzles-c-1_6_14/

useful bit of info on different nozzles

might be a short ak if below 20mm (19.7 Vs 20.7mm aprox)

better head, nozzle, o-ring on piston that will all help

might be able to get some normal hop arm for hop to allow for various nubs

should be a nice little gun to work on and the qucik change spring saves box exploding on ya too whilst working on her

2 types of ak nozzle

http://www.clandestineairsoft.com/nozzles-c-1_6_14/

useful bit of info on different nozzles

might be a short ak if below 20mm (19.7 Vs 20.7mm aprox)

better head, nozzle, o-ring on piston that will all help

might be able to get some normal hop arm for hop to allow for various nubs

should be a nice little gun to work on and the qucik change spring saves box exploding on ya too whilst working on her

Yeah, its the 19.7 one i guess. Ordered all the parts except the spring guide and motor for the moment and yeah it is quite niuce to work on.

Hop up doesnt really need much, just get the gearbox going well first i think

Very surprised to see that UAR in that condition as spoke to the APS rep the other day and he was saying how much they improved the internals. How many BB's had been through it?

Really like them myself. I should have a replacement spring guide in stock, pretty sure it's the same as most of the other QD gearboxes on the market. I can even check for you as I've got a whole bunch of samples in from APS, no V3 gearboxes but their V2 gearboxes uses the same system.

On the whole I'm pretty impressed with APS - hopefully going to be stocking their M4 parts soon

• Supporters

Very surprised to see that UAR in that condition as spoke to the APS rep the other day and he was saying how much they improved the internals. How many BB's had been through it?

Really like them myself. I should have a replacement spring guide in stock, pretty sure it's the same as most of the other QD gearboxes on the market. I can even check for you as I've got a whole bunch of samples in from APS, no V3 gearboxes but their V2 gearboxes uses the same system.

On the whole I'm pretty impressed with APS - hopefully going to be stocking their M4 parts soon

Isnt a rep always going to say they are getting better?

Reps and salesmen are just proffesional liars at the end of the day.

I'm not sure how much it had had through it but I think it's an older one. The internals that need replacing aren't that bad it's just the over use of grease that's the worst.

If you could it would be very helpful,the inly thing is it had 4 lugs, the ones in your site appear to have 2. Anyway if it works I'll be ordering one.

Sorry to say a normal QD spring guide won't work without a bit of modification as it's lugs are too big for the APS shell. I tested it on my version V2 shell, imagine a V3 is the same.

The APS is a far better design but parts seem limited here in the UK. You can order the part from APS directly pretty cheaply but imagine it will take more than a few days to arrive. :-(

Sorry to say a normal QD spring guide won't work without a bit of modification as it's lugs are too big for the APS shell. I tested it on my version V2 shell, imagine a V3 is the same.

The APS is a far better design but parts seem limited here in the UK. You can order the part from APS directly pretty cheaply but imagine it will take more than a few days to arrive. :-(

Ah okay then,thanks for trying it's much appreciated. I'll bear with the plastic one for now then or have a go at modifying a normal one

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.