making a bayonet.

geoffreym

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Howdy, I'm in the process of getting a friend of mine to make me a rubber copy of my knife (becker tac tool, see below), for use in skimishes, and I was thinking, if possible, make it into a bayonet for my rifle (see below), initial thoughts are to mount a 2 small blade tech TMMS (http://shop.blade-tech.com/small-tmms-outer-inner-p-725.html#.VfK6dPlVhBd), one on the back and front of the knife grip, cutting off the forward ones retention clip for ease of removal, unless anyone has a better idea?

bk3.jpg

2015-08-25%2019.58.32_zpsykjy0jwz.jpg

Easiest option I can think of is to use a torch/scope mount attached to front underside of the gun, and perhaps modifying the end of the knife handle to fit if necessary. You'd need a bit of rail or a keymod scope/torch mount if such a thing exists tho looking at your gun.

Well easiest is to tape it but yeh...

• Head Moderator

I would love to see the looks on the other team when they hear the order "Fix bayonets!"

Some of the ebay special pistol torches have quick release brackets for keymod and ris. Could cut the torch off and fix the mechanism to your knife. They arent that big as designed for a pistol, so shouldnt be to bad on the knife handle, maybe wrap some fabric tape on for comfort and badass-ness lol

Is that a barret fitted with a 203?

yep

Some of the ebay special pistol torches have quick release brackets for keymod and ris. Could cut the torch off and fix the mechanism to your knife. They arent that big as designed for a pistol, so shouldnt be to bad on the knife handle, maybe wrap some fabric tape on for comfort and badass-ness lol

don't suppose I could ask you to link some? had a look but can't find any appropriate yet?

131558945613 will look for the keymod one i saw when i bought mine. But along these lines. Thats the ebay nuber btw. Would require some hacking/scratch building, but its only 7 quid to start so not too painful a process

Cant find the keymod but ill keep an eye out as im generally looking at all sorts i dont need anyway lol

Ris might be okay, as you have a rail on top but it might ruin your aiming

131558945613 will look for the keymod one i saw when i bought mine. But along these lines. Thats the ebay nuber btw. Would require some hacking/scratch building, but its only 7 quid to start so not too painful a process

should be good, might see if there's any way of fitting the knife on the inside and add a reinforcement strut or something.

thanks

No worries mate. I keep looking at ways for a folding bayonet mounted on something similar for myself. Be very interested to see some pics of it in progress and built if you get around to it.

I don't tend to do very good in progress pictures, and I'm also (unfortunately) the type of guy who does something halfway, and then gets distracted for a few months. it will happen, but it may take some time.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.