Absolute Airsoft - Reading?

Alex34

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The site is primarily a paintball site. This means everything is covered in a grey paste of rotting paint, which has perished to the state where it will stain clothing if you allow it to dry further, especially stuff made out of plasticy materials (like every 'Viper' or similar bit of belt/vest/pouch), so don't wear anything you don't mind getting ruined, or don't lean on any surfaces (trees included)

It's got a reasonably good layout, different arenas, few interesting bits like an old bus, which makes for fairly interesting game scenarios. Although several times ended up waiting for paintballers to finish their game in an area. They usually see the airsofters, all their camo and rif, and assume they're playing like the premier league of paintball. can make for some amusing passing comments.

Absolute Airsoft was my first site and does get a couple bits of criticism from me in terms of how it's run;

- They pander to regulars too much. Several times saw people with hot guns be allowed to use them as long as they promised to increase their MED. Also experienced them getting cut more slack in terms of marshaling.

- Marshaling can be pretty lazy, meaning it's usually reduced to a bitch-off due to them not having witnessed anything occuring. although when it comes to the serious stuff (like people kicking off or being totally reckless) they jump into action and do what's required.

- The site shop is run by a scammer called Mark (Special Airsoft Supplies), who basically lists all sorts of stuff in stock on his website, takes orders (and the money) and sits on it until he's got enough to order a bunch of sh*t from china. He's had all sorts of trading standards and lynch mobs at him to try and get money back for undelivered items or things being cheap equivalents, or just plain wrong. He's not been allowed into the UKARA club.

Bitching aside, as long as you don't buy anything from them that they don't have at the site shop there and then, and don't wear any valuable clothing, you'll be perfectly fine and it'll be a woodland skirmish day as good as any other.

For Absolute Airsoft I much preferred their site on the edge of Maidenhead (mostly due to lack of paint)

Echo pretty much what the Colonel said. It's one of the sites I go to along with their Maidenhead site, The Mall and UCAP greenops. It can be a bit mucky/muddy but everything does wash out. Most scenarios are at range as opposed to CQB although there are buildings in some play areas they're essentially shed size so it's not room clearing or anything like that. I think they're offering hotdogs at lunchtime now but it's not enough for lunch so bring your own stuff as well.

I may sign up for this Sunday. If not I'll probably go to Maidenhead the week after. It's been awhile since I've gone there.

Fair enough. I have my selected shops I purchase supplies from already so not looking for another supplier.

Dealt with the muck of paintball paint from Bunker 51 for several months so I should be ok. Hopefully the marshalling is decent this Sunday though.

Need a bit of a break from The Mall as it's becoming too much of the same for me... gotta mix it up a bit.

• Head Moderator

If you want to mix it up, then you could give the UCAP Bunker in Portsmouth a go. CQB in underground tunnels, dark and deadly.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.