how heavy is your gun?

shortman

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just genrally wondered how heavy peoples primary is? Fited an all metal body acog to my gun the other day and though its actually quite heavy. Iv not weighed it yet but i will tomorrow when its to hand. so....

Make of gun: brand/type etc

Add on's: sights silencers etc (only weight feecting mods please)

Weight kg: this inc mag but no battries in gun or lights etc, no bb's and no c02 canisters etc.

Make: PTS rm4 (cqb m4)

Add on's: metal acog, tm tracer, tourch and mount etc

Weight kg: tbc

• Head Moderator

I would like them all to weigh the same as the real steel because that is realism. It is a toy but at least feels less like a toy.

• Supporters

A fair few RIFs weigh more than the RS, because the insides are absolutely packed out 100% with the parts necessary with no spare room at all. A firearm has lots of empty space inside for things to move about.

Obviously airsoft guns that don't mimic the original in certain ways which are only made possible by the lack of an exploding cartridge are the main exception. But a pot metal AR-15 receiver set will weight more than a quality RS aluminium AR receiver set (for example). It'd take a long time to elaborate on all the comparisons between different parts and materials, but the Minimi is a good example of airsoft weighing more than the firearm (depending on brand and setup of course).

My G&P M249 (no addons) weighs 6.5kg, just weighed it. the box mag only weighs 0.53kg empty, so 6.6kg overall before stuff added.

My Inokatsu GPMG on the other hand weighs in at a massive 10.3kg without anything added. 24kg with tripod, scope, ammo tin.

• Root Admin

A fair few RIFs weigh more than the RS, because the insides are absolutely packed out 100% with the parts necessary with no spare room at all. A firearm has lots of empty space inside for things to move about.

Obviously airsoft guns that don't mimic the original in certain ways which are only made possible by the lack of an exploding cartridge are the main exception. But a pot metal AR-15 receiver set will weight more than a quality RS aluminium AR receiver set (for example). It'd take a long time to elaborate on all the comparisons between different parts and materials, but the Minimi is a good example of airsoft weighing more than the firearm (depending on brand and setup of course).

Er, we just established that it doesn't. It weighs 5.8kg (or up to 8kg if you have mine loaded). Real one weighs 9.2kg loaded or 7kg unloaded.

I see your point though, especially when it comes to the M4 stuff. My WOC weighs a ton (must be getting on for 5-6kg with a scope) despite not being a particularly cheap alloy, I can't imagine a real one weighs that much.

• Supporters

Er, we just established that it doesn't. It weighs 5.8kg (or up to 8kg if you have mine loaded). Real one weighs 9.2kg loaded or 7kg unloaded.

I wasn't referring to the conversation in this thread, which is obviously an error on my part; my mistake on that one. On a different forum we talked about an airsoft Minimi that weighs more than the real one, it was a while back though and I can't remember the details of the brand or stock/barrel setup.

My SVD is the heaviest I own at around 3kg. Everything else that I have is a lot lighter.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.