Sign in to follow this  
shortman

how heavy is your gun?

Just genrally wondered how heavy peoples primary is? Fited an all metal body acog to my gun the other day and though its actually quite heavy. Iv not weighed it yet but i will tomorrow when its to hand. so....

Make of gun: brand/type etc

Add on's: sights silencers etc (only weight feecting mods please)

Weight kg: this inc mag but no battries in gun or lights etc, no bb's and no c02 canisters etc.

Make: PTS rm4 (cqb m4)

Add on's: metal acog, tm tracer, tourch and mount etc

Weight kg: tbc

My new Ak74 weighs 3.6kg with no attachments.

Well they're around 5.8kg unmodified - then I've got the longer barrel Mk1 variant with the metal stock, rails, foregrip, PEQ, a 2.5k magazine (with .30s, so 750g by itself) and a Daytona Gun 'big-ass lump of metal' kit in there. Manageable as it's not that suited to run and gun anyway, heh.

I'm not quite sure how that's relevant, but are you sure? Wikpedia says under 7kg for the para stock. Around 9.2kg loaded.

Just seems mad that a airsoft gun weighs the same as a real one

I would like them all to weigh the same as the real steel because that is realism. It is a toy but at least feels less like a toy.

A fair few RIFs weigh more than the RS, because the insides are absolutely packed out 100% with the parts necessary with no spare room at all. A firearm has lots of empty space inside for things to move about.

Obviously airsoft guns that don't mimic the original in certain ways which are only made possible by the lack of an exploding cartridge are the main exception. But a pot metal AR-15 receiver set will weight more than a quality RS aluminium AR receiver set (for example). It'd take a long time to elaborate on all the comparisons between different parts and materials, but the Minimi is a good example of airsoft weighing more than the firearm (depending on brand and setup of course).

My G&P M249 (no addons) weighs 6.5kg, just weighed it. the box mag only weighs 0.53kg empty, so 6.6kg overall before stuff added.

My Inokatsu GPMG on the other hand weighs in at a massive 10.3kg without anything added. 24kg with tripod, scope, ammo tin.

A fair few RIFs weigh more than the RS, because the insides are absolutely packed out 100% with the parts necessary with no spare room at all. A firearm has lots of empty space inside for things to move about.

Obviously airsoft guns that don't mimic the original in certain ways which are only made possible by the lack of an exploding cartridge are the main exception. But a pot metal AR-15 receiver set will weight more than a quality RS aluminium AR receiver set (for example). It'd take a long time to elaborate on all the comparisons between different parts and materials, but the Minimi is a good example of airsoft weighing more than the firearm (depending on brand and setup of course).

Er, we just established that it doesn't. It weighs 5.8kg (or up to 8kg if you have mine loaded). Real one weighs 9.2kg loaded or 7kg unloaded.

I see your point though, especially when it comes to the M4 stuff. My WOC weighs a ton (must be getting on for 5-6kg with a scope) despite not being a particularly cheap alloy, I can't imagine a real one weighs that much.

My rifles are all around 3.5kg and my LMG is 4.5 or so with the box magazine added. I wouldn't be keen on lugging a 6kg+ gun around all day and I doubt I'd be able to run flat out with one like I could with my M63, which is a big part of the reason I chose it over other support weapons.

Er, we just established that it doesn't. It weighs 5.8kg (or up to 8kg if you have mine loaded). Real one weighs 9.2kg loaded or 7kg unloaded.

I wasn't referring to the conversation in this thread, which is obviously an error on my part; my mistake on that one. On a different forum we talked about an airsoft Minimi that weighs more than the real one, it was a while back though and I can't remember the details of the brand or stock/barrel setup.

My SVD is the heaviest I own at around 3kg. Everything else that I have is a lot lighter.

Weighed my m4 and minus mag and battries its 3.2kg

My CA G3A4 weighs a tonne...but it's also bloody long and a lot of the weight sits towards the front end so that could just be the mind playing tricks.