rock out with your Heckler & Koch out!

AJWest

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Here it is, I can't believe this hasn't been done yet but here is the H&K thread for this forum, anything Heckler & Koch related goes, pics and discussion and I will kick off the discussion side of things with a very simple question...

What is your favourite H&K weapon?

I know its a difficult choice (for a saddo like me anyway :P)but I think I'd have to say the HK53 because of the MP5 styling and size but the extra oomph of 5.56, I'll post my crappy MP5 tomorrow but in the meantime have at it :D

• Supporters

I personally still really like the G3 and wish a more modern airsoft version came out. The old TM one is made from that creaky plastic all their old rifles used, so a G&P or TM Recoil with a metal receiver would be nice.

MP5s are still a great design too, although i'd have to get a gas version if it wasn't one with a solid butt stock as the battery space is iffy otherwise.

As far as pistols go the USP and HK45 are still two of the best looking as far as i'm concerned.

To be honest though I like the majority of the guns H&K have released, i'll put some pics up of my guns if people don't get salty about specific gun threads again. Although I think H&K guns is broad enough to not flood the board with loads of threads like individual gun models would do.

I would love a recoil G3! it'd have to be collapsible stock for me though, I just think they're much sexier, I'm the same with MP5's the solid stock is just a bit too cumbersome for my liking but to each their own (: I agree on liking most H&K's, I'm struggling to think of one I don't like in some way

Extra ooomph you say? HK51B - beefed-up MP5-ish body belt-fed 7.62.

we need an airsoft gbb version of this! edit: with working belt feed of course

• Supporters

Mp7 for me :) although I might pick up an MP5 as well

• Supporters

Currently rocking an MP5K and an HK45 among my arsenal but as and when they're back in stock I'm thinking I may splurge on a Classic Army M41ES (G3A4) and work out how to turn it into the carbine version (G3KA4).

I personally still really like the G3 and wish a more modern airsoft version came out. The old TM one is made from that creaky plastic all their old rifles used, so a G&P or TM Recoil with a metal receiver would be nice.

I'd love a modern G3-SG1. There is a G36 'pro-line' recoil, but it's TM so would take whacking a metal receiver in there. Doesn't get much publicity out the recoil series, everyone just goes sopmod or scar

I'm currently working on my own mutant SL8/36K hybrid, similar been done by others many times, so nothing unique.

My current favorite bit o HK is my TM MP7 AEP. Has a new Laylax front grip, TM Pro-Sight and Tracer. Gearbox has a fair bit of Laylax in it too, but not much you can do with it due to no available aftermarket motors or gears

0DHuIMH.jpg

I'm another one that wants a G3, got a friend that has a TM G3 with a metal body kit, looks awesome and doesn't creak!!

Also does anybody know whats happening with TM HK45? I want one but they are all out of stock everywhere, last I heard they are having issues with the trades.

Here's my heavily modified TM MP5K

IMG_0121.jpg

I do like a bit o MP5K, nearly bought two. And a trench coat. And shades. Lack of kung-fu and blind-fire rules prevented me.

• Supporters

Also does anybody know whats happening with TM HK45? I want one but they are all out of stock everywhere, last I heard they are having issues with the trades.

I believe they're not allowed to use H&K trades (hence their new USP Compact has a different name and no trades). I think Wolf Armouries has some in stock, failing that you can still get them imported from Echigoya.

• Supporters

Oh yeah, I love H&K - for starters the USP frame is the best shaped pistol there is for man sized hands and the trigger guard size allows for ease of use even in heavy winter gloves. I've just recently finally managed to afford a KWA Umarex USP .45 Match and I love it! It's a bit of a lump for sure, but the balance is perfect - the centre of gravity is exactly where the grip meets the chamber frame, so it naturally sits horizontal on your middle finger under the trigger guard.

The trades are excellent too, which is why the "Match" logo is such a shame. I mean it has to be said... it looks like it belongs on an Argos special beard trimmer, ffs! I'm planning to take it off with acetone and a mildly abrasive Dremmel polishing pad, but I dunno what will be left / I may have to take the compensator off and completely repaint it, which begs the question, what colour? Flat black seems an obvious choice, so if it wears on the edges the original dark grey will not show except very close up, but then again, even though the real steel is a precision pistol, it looks workmanlike... so how about black and yellow chevrons?

I also love G3's, especially the old style ones with wooden furniture, although I've never liked those blobs on the mags. Not such a fan of MP7's - the styling doesn't seem to fit with the rest of their design philosophy. I mean it's just utilitarian. For sure there is a strong streak of Bauhaus to their designs so yeah "form follows function", but that is not to say that styling ought not to be beautiful (and by that I don't mean the kind of beauty that you have to search for; the kind which you can only appreciate on an intellectual level by understanding an object in its wider context), merely that pointless ornamentation, frippery, not only may impede function but also obscures the potential for truly stunning expressions of things' purposes merely in their silhouette.

The "cooling fins" under the P.45 Match compensator are a classic example - there is no need for them; the compensator does not touch the barrel, so it will never get so hot that being able to more quickly radiate heat should be a functional consideration, but of course weight is, nonetheless cutouts could be any shape, or H&K could have gone with something similar to those protruding barrels with funky looking muzzle brakes, or just extended slides around the barrel alone, that have become popular in race guns recently, but let's be fair now, they look silly. That 1/2 chevron shape which the H&K compensator evokes points forward - it looks like what it does: projects force forward... My next best fav of theirs is another classic example of this philosophy: the MP5 SD6. It looks like frogman's gear: compact, tubular, easily gripped, and that is precisely its function - if it wasn't for the fact they use V2 gearboxes I would already have one...

However the MP7 lacks a 'vision'. It's like the rear 1/2 was intended to be tidy and robust, but the front 1/2 was intended to be used very carefully, or perhaps used once and thrown away - I mean wtf is that poxy flash hider all about? It looks like a few mags on full auto might actually burn it away! And the 2 halves are just butted together - they don't even share the same horizontal line underneath and it's only the top rail which seems to unite them, a generic feature which comes from a different design house; then the grips just poke out perpendicular to the receiver, like afterthoughts...

I love the look of that HK51B, but let's have it right - a belt fed gun with such low mass would be very difficult to control, even firing 5.56mm rounds - it's just an exercise in "we can" like that story that does the rounds on every engineering campus the world over: "X" country with whom "we" share a long standing rivalry has a group of top engineers who develop a drill bit as thin as [insert something cutting edge sounding (when i heard it back in the early 80's it was a human hair, but these days it would probably be something like a sperm tail)] and they send it to "our" good but not best engineers for evaluation, who promptly drill down the centre of its length and send it back. Naturally they don't write "fuck you" on the accompanying documentation, but the intention is clear regardless...

Oh yeah, and let us not forget the MG 3, which is a modern version of the MG 42 (and yes it's not an H&K original design, but apparently they took over the manufacture). Perforated fuck, gentlemen, that must be hilarious to shoot as well as looking TDB!

Norwegian_soldier_-_Battle_Griffin_2005.

Anyway, here's my P.45 Match, who has yet to be named:

[shit i can't get my pics to upload to postimg.org / imageshack / or facebook grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!]

i'll add them later - had to use the simple editor on fb (t'internet's fucking broken)

& now i can't get them to insert b/c the pic url doesn't end in .jpg when did that change? wtf is going on? has the world been hit by a meteor or summat? :angry:

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

Edited by Ian_Gere
multiple grrrrrrr's

There is a G36 'pro-line' recoil, but it's TM so would take whacking a metal receiver in there.

Why the hell would you want a metal body on a gun that is made of polymer in real life?

The "cooling fins" under the P.45 Match compensator are a classic example - there is no need for them; the compensator does not touch the barrel, so it will never get so hot that being able to more quickly radiate heat should be a functional consideration, but of course weight is, nonetheless cutouts could be any shape, or H&K could have gone with something similar to those protruding barrels with funky looking muzzle brakes, or just extended slides around the barrel alone, that have become popular in race guns recently, but let's be fair now, they look silly. That 1/2 chevron shape which the H&K compensator evokes points forward

Oh yeah, and let us not forget the MG 3, which is a modern version of the MG 42 (and yes it's not an H&K original design, but apparently they took over the manufacture). Perforated f*ck, gentlemen, that must be hilarious to shoot as well as looking TDB!

First off the USP Match as the name suggest is a Match Pistol designed for precision shooting. It does not have a compensator, it has a muzzle weight. The 'vent's' on the bottom are purely cosmetic styling. Extending the slide around the barrel would not have helped accuracy, in fact it would have hindered it as you would have a larger mass moving around on firing.

As for the MG3, it's hardly a modern version. The MG1 that evolved into the MG3 ( basically a 7.62 MG42 with some production changes ) was released in the late fifties by Reinmetal. The MG1 went through a few changes and eventually out came the MG3 in 1968, still not exactly modern. As for HK not designing it, they didn't design the G3 either which was the inspiration for the HK33/53, MP5 Series and even the HK P9S all of which used the roller locking system. It was originally designed in Spain by Cetme.

Why the hell would you want a metal body on a gun that is made of polymer in real life?

Was just in reference to someones comment about TM G3 being made o creaky plastic. I prefer plastic regardless, I care not for 'realism' and prefer not to have an extra kg or two to carry around.

What's your favorite bit of HK BigAl?

• Supporters

First off the USP Match as the name suggest is a Match Pistol designed for precision shooting.

I know. I said so earlier in my post than the bit you quoted :lol:

It does not have a compensator, it has a muzzle weight.

Thanks for that clarification.

The 'vent's' on the bottom are purely cosmetic styling. Extending the slide around the barrel would not have helped accuracy, in fact it would have hindered it as you would have a larger mass moving around on firing.

That is my point: it is styled... beautifully.

Thanks :) It's not as "yellowish" as it looks in the picture - used khaki paint. Just the lighting in the room I took the photo in is terrible.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.