Serious noob needing help

Jesseeb97

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys! I'm looking into getting into airsoft and I would just like some ideas and tips on how to get started, I'm 18 years old and living in Wiltshire Swindon, i would prefer to stick to a budget but if needed I can cash out if need be!

I generally don't have any idea on the law side of things, I've heard you need to get a UKARA, but how do I get one of these? Does it cost anything and by having this what will this let me do?

Would appreciate positive feedback! Many thanks!

UKARA simply put is a list of known registered skirmishers in the country. A UKARA membership serves as a defense against the VCRA, an act that effectively bans RIFs(non two tones) However, as you have a defense(your UKARA) you can manufacture,purchase and import one. You get your UKARA by attending a site that is registered and going to three games in no less than three months. Basically for the first games you should rent a gun and try it out and then purchase once you have UKARA

Read these for a bit more: http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/12-vcra/ - provides link to VCRA

http://www.ukara.org.uk/

Aside from that - welcome to the sport and forum. Whats your budget? Usually we recommend G&G combat machines, cyma AKs and JG g36s all about £100-150. youll need mags,batteries,charger,eyepro,and boots as well though

Check out some of the pinned articles at the top of the new arrivals section. They are very usefull and will tell you most of what you will need to know about airsoft and getting going bud.

Thank you for all the information guys it will come handy! Well I'm my price range is about £100-200 at the most, but I take it when I start using rented guns I will find one I will like! And what about stuff like mags, batterys, and general equipment, will this be costly?

I will also check out the links! Thanks again!

shouldnt be loads, if you shop around and order from asia the prices are greatly reduced. You can start off with the gun and just one mag for a bit really. You just dont want to buy really cheap eyepro however as your eyes are quite important.

Read this also: http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/17294-ians-guide-to-noobism-on-a-tight-budget/

• Supporters

Thank you for all the information guys it will come handy! Well I'm my price range is about £100-200 at the most, but I take it when I start using rented guns I will find one I will like! And what about stuff like mags, batterys, and general equipment, will this be costly?

I will also check out the links! Thanks again!

Dont think about any of that yet. Go play a few sites woodland and CQB. If you like it then get your UKARA then start looking at kit. No one can give you advice on what to get because you dont know how you want to play yet.

• Supporters

Welcome to the forum, aside from anything else don't get a sniper rifle as your first gun.

Best thing to do is get a feel for as many guns as possible. The problem with looking at hire guns is they are generally leaning on the terrible side, even if the actual gun they are using is decent. I might be mistaken but I think it's the JG G36 which is generally considered a pretty good cheap gun, however when they are used as hire guns they get abused and subsequently don't shoot very well.

Get chatting to some players when you go to games as they are almost always happy to talk about their guns, let you hold them and maybe shoot them too. If you are really lucky someone will lend you a gun for the game/day.

One thing I would say is take what people say with a pinch of salt, unless it seems to be a general consensus. You will hear people say things like a well respected brand is terrible or that using LiPos(a type of battery) is somehow catastrophically dangerous, despite tons of players using them.

If you find a particular gun you like, say an MP5 then there's plenty of options and people on here will be better able to advise on what to get.

• Moderators

One thing I would say is take what people say with a pinch of salt, unless it seems to be a general consensus. You will hear people say things like a well respected brand is terrible or that using LiPos(a type of battery) is somehow catastrophically dangerous, despite tons of players using them.

see that's a good point, i was chatting to someone the other day who said lipos can be dangerous and can catch fire if not treated correctly....so made me think about batteries when the time comes!

Iv had li-pos for my gun since the day i got it. I dont keep them in a bomb proof shelter when not in use and my house hasnt burnt down or at least it hadnt still when i left thismorning?!?..........point is some people will give great advice others not so much. Is why the forum is handy as you get a bigger overall opinion. Guns gas and battries all fall under one basic umbrella, dont miss use or abuse and you will be fine.

Lipos are made out to be nukes when their really not.

I charge mine on a non flammable surface while their close to me so i can keep an eye out. If i need to go out the room i turn the charger off. You can buy a £4 lipo tester and i normally swap my 1450mah 7.4v at lunch and their fine. Welcome to the forums by the way

• Supporters

Just make sure it is not damaged before you charge it.

Last week I took one of my old lipos, an 1800mah 7.4 Turnigy one, and smashed it to pieces with a metal bar. I am that scientific. :) It did smoke a bit after the first hit, and it smelled really bad but that was it.

A friend of mine almost burned his house down charging a damaged one though.

I keep mines in an empty tin can.

I thought membership takes 56 days??

• Moderators

Pretty sure it's two months.

First game 10th September = can get UKARA 11th November.

yeah my first game was 11th July, was told 11th Sep for UKARA which is as you say, 2 months from 1st game....well past that now by the time i get my 2nd done :)

I'm not gonna bother adding myself to the Ukara database, I'll just register my site membership number with my local store 'combat south'

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.