Who here Runs russian load outs?

beastmode

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just curious who here has a russian loadout and what era you base it from? also if possible can you post pictures of your Loadouts.

I've just invested in some soviet kit from the late 80s to have a kind of Soviet afghan loadout. Also bought an E&L Ak74.

will post pictures of my kit when it all arrives.

I run Russian kit as do a fair few others on here. Era wise I used to run Afghan war era loadouts but I've moved onto more modern gear. Depending on the site I either run an MVD kit for CQB or if it's a woodland site I use a Recon inspired loadout. Unfortunately I have no pictures of my MVD loadout as there never seems to be a camera man in attendance when I use it. Here's a rare pic of me in Recon kit though:

post-9105-0-35661900-1441695910_thumb.jpg

Not very clear but I'm on the right in the KZS suit with the Dragunov slung over my shoulder. For the kit I'm running a splav molle panel with two splav Dragunov ammo pouches (Digital Flora), splav bayonet sheath (Digital Flora), splav radio pouch (Digital Flora) and a splav olive utility pouch. On my back I carry a "Badger" style backpack (Digital Flora) and holstered on my left leg is a CZ75 pistol since I don't have a Makarov yet.

Cheers Happy. That's a similar loadout in the picture to the one I'm building. Got a kzs suit and a klmk suit on the way. What chest rig is that? I've only got a chicom at the moment as the rigs seems quite expensive so will have to save for that.

That's brilliant I won't have to buy a new loadout for milsim then. Just fingers crossed I can make it. Have you started taking bookings?

Could I use klmk if I'm on the Russian side. Or is it more modern Russian gear?

This is the base I use for my rig:

http://frontowiec.com/index.php?p3853,kmn-vest-panel-black

I wanted something lighter than a 6sh112 vest as the base since I like to just the basics in milsim games (where the photo was taken).

Frontowiec is a great site if you're after cheap Russian gear. Have you tried the Russian Military Airsoft Loadouts UK (RMAL-UK) Facebook group? Lots of good deals to have from second hand kit.

Yeah I'm on that page too. Just getting into the Russian stuff so I'm having to learn a lot about it.

Thats a good website! Thank you!,

I aim to have a Russian load out. Starting with a modern AK47, Makarov and eventually an SVD. Was doing some light research into Russian shotguns but didnt find much in the ways of airsoft so I may get an AK74u for CQB.

I'd get an ak74 if I was you rather than a 47 as the Russians don't use Ak47 anymore.

Yeah the 47 isn't really accurate for most impressions - an AKM is more in theme for Afghan War ones and a 74 for anything later than that. And there is an airsoft Saiga 12 out there but it's a cheap spring model that is no longer produced (I've tried to find one).

If you're not a fan of AKs or want something a little different then you could go for a Vintorez. Used by a lot of modern forces and there are a number of airsoft replicas out there. That said they usually shoot hot out of the box (DMR levels) so need downgrading to under 350, but they're very compact little guns.

...Or you could go for a PKM. Not a CQB gun but you'll scare the hell out of anyone on the other team with it :D Plus it's accurate for a lot of impressions both modern and Afghan era.

For modern you should go for a Ak74m preferably. Ak74 was realeased in the early 70s.

I want to be on it. A lot of my fellow Bolsheviks are going but I can't at the moment - will have to call in a few favours at work since we're not technically allowed holiday time in December...

Well got a CYMA 028 AK47 to start with, will put a better hop unit, spring and maybe inner barrel to get it to 350 and shooting better as a stop gap gun. Next is the C02 GBB Makarov, which should be in stock this month.

I need to shift my ICS MP5 SD6 and get a 74u or Bizon. Clothes wise, not got that far. Got several options but money is a constraint.

I am new to airsoft and do not really know anything about Mil Sim but would like to join you guys in the future if I am allowed. Will look for the FB page.

We arent a purely Milsim team but we do lean in that direction. Our own events tend to be closed to non members and we have quite a bit of Russian armour (3x BMP 2x BDRM) available to us. Join the group and make contact with your local Bolsh or just even ask questions.

• 4 weeks later...

There's one planned for March so will hopefully see you there

Yeah heard its up near North somewhere next year. Will definitely be there.

I am not likely to make the March meet cos the wife is due to give birth then.

Happy - shout me when you head to the Gaol mate

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.