My First Time At The Mall - Reading

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

So I did my first day at Zed Adventures in Reading The Mall.

I went with an ICS MP5 SD6 and a TM Shotty Which was all good apart from my torch is crap and broken already lol.

First impressions.

Mental looking! You enter in via a side entrance up a service corridor and straight into the safe zone where you can prep your weapons and tinker with your load out. The doors opened at 8:15 am and safety briefing starts at 9:30 am. What was not explained was that in that time you have to go and get your gun chronograph-ed but you must wear eye protection as the chrono area is on the game play area. This all being good me and James did the safety talk and then had to miss the first 15 mins of the game to get chrono checked.

Right so that done, all good though my new MP5 is firing 275fps and the sellers website says 320. Now one of the lads at my local site has the same gun and his is firing 320 so I may message the seller about this.

I do apologize now that my memory is utter crap and it being my first time at the site and first time in CQB I don't remember the games very well.

The site it's self is good. Lots and lots of pitch black rooms in the basement and service corridors, a nice long concourse which you can use the shops to hold or take cover and then filter through using the corridors behind them. There is a big kids soft play area which is a good holding point for teams but this didn't work for us as the enemy team were too strong. you can get some point blank range or some longer range depending on what you like but don't expect woodland range.

One game to mention was the Personality game but with a twist. So you have 5 personalities which are armed and solo hidden away at the start of the game. Both teams have to shoot them med the personalities and once that is done they have to work with the personality who has a list of 5 locations, now you have to get to those locations and hold it for 1 minute to score. If your hit you go to respawn and if the personality is hit he / she bleeds out for 2 mins unless med'ed in by either team. But on top of all that....

Terminator...

Yep there was a terminator too! you can't kill him but he wont shoot you if you are passive and not with a personality. He had to go to locations to hold each point for 1 min but the funniest thing was he had an ultimate weapon.... a rubber duck! lol. He would 'knife' kill with Donald which is a humiliation kill. He had full auto whereas both teams were semi only.

Marshals, they were very friendly and professional and I did hear a warning given out for blind firing. A few players moaned about most games being semi only and Luke the head marshal explained that people don't need 50 or 60 rounds to call a hit and its not as fun. I fully agree with him, I had a full auto burst in the leg at 5m away and it was not very pleasant since the player kept the trigger pinned even after calling hit twice and ducking for cover.

Other games were things like collect the bits and bobs around and make a bomb (the more parts the bigger the bomb) or collect the bits and sell at the black market trader for points. Also did a zombie game. 6 v 60 odds.

To sum it up its is fun, fast and intense and you have to try it maybe 2 or 3 times to decide if you would go more often.

Marshals 9/10 (1 marshal per 9 players ratio)

Site 8/10

Facilities 8/10

Games 9/10

I will go again but next time I will have a better torch and my own shotgun. (shottys are more fun!)

Thank's to Raggedy Man for the use of his TM shotty.

Brackish.

Def take that ICS MP5 back to shop and get it swapped!

Glad you had a good 1st time, a definite marmite site, I love it, hate marmite though. Was there with a MP7 myself, good day i thought, people kept calm and behaved well.

Last game was a bit of a comedy dodge-ball shambles, but there was only 20 minutes left of the day so can't expect too much, did see a couple milsimers leave then in disgust (fighting to get into a central room where you can only play dodgeball not use your guns didn't meet their sense of immersion!)

First time there I've heard people moan about no full-auto after lunch, usually it's people moaning about getting sprayed with full-auto when '1 shot will do'. I did notice a 'squad' talking to the marshals about their dodgy Scar L/Hs that didn't do semi properly (meaning they couldn't use them after lunch) and it was a day where i didn't bring a 25+rps gun. I'm just gonna assume a few people didn't like having areas/games where they couldn't use their primary, and not enough people got high ROF over-killed, to explain this reverse in the usual sentiment.

P.S I only spotted one person with a shoty, if you're the chap with a blue shirt on then kudos to you for a first time, very proactive player

I had a black helmet, face mask and jumper with an olive mesh molle vest and dpm 95 trousers. The shotty was a non stock type ( I am not that big guy in bright blue shirt lol)

Guessing as you are a regular you were green team?

Oh during the game for getting parts to the trader I was in one of the shops in the cupboard and think the same guy went to check the cupboard and I jumped him.

I am up for it again, think maybe fr a full first day it can get a bit crazy!

• Moderators

just googled the place, is it really that big!?

i must get there and play! :D

will have to be real nice to the wife....only a few hours by car!

• Moderators

Its a fair old size, a lot of newcomers get lost a bit in there. Doesnt feel that big to me anymore though.

i could bring her along, just say we are going shopping and then do a runner!, there is a kids play area as well so they will be fine :rolleyes: haha

in fact, im gonna look at dates and speak to my brother and some friends, get a few newbies (+ a few games) for you guys to shoot! :)

Well a couple of guys at my local site are up for a day in October. The Mall Marshals are pretty decent at letting large groups stay together.

I would suggest Sunday the 11th or 18th October and get a full list going ( with non forum members on the list and try to get a 10 man team and go nuts)

Probably bigger than it looks in pictures, but not huge plot of land in terms of square feet for an airsoft site. However that's space all well used across 3 levels not just trees! The layout is what makes this place so fantastic to me, so many more options than the usual square CQB 'arena' and much less choke-point queue of death (although it's proved to me that people still do it regardless of whether they've got another route or not lol)

This sunday I started Orange for the zombie game, and was moved to green when they split the teams, was 2 groups of regulars i recognized this time, the larger being on the orange team (although who knows what they got up to as don't think i ran into them once)

Orange team was pretty timid this time (and lost), think i'd rather have been on their side and had more to hunt/shoot!

The large group of Orange team, was that the BOA patch wearing guys? All on comms and stayed up stairs during the build a bomb game. The green team held the stairs and basement corridors very well, leaving us stuck and pinned back lol.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.