ICS L85 19mm rail?

MZKaleem

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

I bought my ICS L85 second hand and it came with a 20mm rail on top which is nice for my ELCAN, but I am currently looking at setting up my L85 with the SUSAT sight or carry handle for a little while.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these 19mm rails so that I can fit a susat or the standard iron sights on my gun? I know you can get the 20mm to 19mm adapters on Ant-supplies but I don't really fancy having it raised up like that, looks a bit ugly.

Cheers.

:)

There's only one susat sight I know that takes a 19mm dovetail, every other sight sits on a 20mm weaver or picatinny.

Ok, thanks, didn't know that.

But I still want to use the carry handle from time to time, and the one I have doesn't fit on the weaver unfortunately. :(

So my SUSAT unfortunately doesn't fit on a picatinny rail. and on ant-supplies it doesnt look like the adapter will come back in stock.. :(

Any suggestions? :)

Ok, just clear my head. You have an ics sa80 right? Those should come with a 19mm rail on top, so does your susat fit a 19mm dovetail or a 20mm picatinny?

Ok, just clear my head. You have an ics sa80 right? Those should come with a 19mm rail on top, so does your susat fit a 19mm dovetail or a 20mm picatinny?

I have an ICS SA80, It should have but mine is second hand, previous owner must have swapped it out for a 20mm picatinny. My SUSAT doesn't fit a 20mm picatinny, so I assume it's a 19mm dovetail SUSAT.

How do you mean swapped? Can you post a picture of your rail? Making a picatinny involves adding material rather than removing it, so it's not a simple job with a dremel

8A33r1Gl.jpg

I guess they just took out screws and literally replaced the 19mm with a 20mm rail.

Ah, I see. They must have ground off the old one and fixed the new one down onto the upper.

If that's the case, you want the opposite adaptor to what most peeps get for this gun, or another sight since you own just about the only one available that doesn't fit a 20mm rail

I looked online. The rail I have is one produced by ics themselves for the sa80.

I plan to modify a spare picatinny rail for my sight so it should be fine

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.