Bio BBs over a long period

lazareth1

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Actually it depends on the brand. The issue with a lot of bio BBs is that they're not truly biodegradable - most of them still have a non-degradable shell on them. If that hasn't been broken then they're fine to use.

The proper biodegradable ones will warp anyway like Adam says.

They're BioSphere ones. I can't seem to find anything to say if they have this coating on them.

I've got some 0.3 Green Devil bio that are over 5 years old and had a few issues with some not feeding well in a 6.01 inner barrel. But, having checked the majority of them with a micrometer most of them were still solid and showing a regular 5.96mm diameter, even after all that time. If you keep them in a container and mostly in the dark then they should stay fine until they get used and then left to rot down in soil, which is where the bio-degrading is supposed to start. Rather than chuck them, check them for size first.

• Supporters

There are 2 types of bio BBs that I know of. One sucks up moisture and grows softer and bigger after opening the bag. These are the older types.

The other is biodegraded by the germs in the soil. So you can keep them on the self even after opening the bag for long times. I have some opened bags that are over a year old and they are still the best performing BBs I have. They start to degrade in a jungle environment after a few months or in dry/cold soil after some years if I remember correctly.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.