Ohshiboom or trmr x4

Matto2494

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Help. Seen both in action but I would like to know from people that have them which is the better option?

• Supporters

TRMR X4,

I've had a Ohshiboom wasn't good. It detonated whilst the pin was still in. I have a TRMR now with the X4 base it's excellent

• Supporters

i have 2 ohshibooms (one of the first gen's and one colour one), i use .209 primers on both, and i have never had a detonation without the pin being pulled, maybe mine are just a good'uns.

that said i do like the x4 base on the TRMR

• Supporters

Also TRMR's are a lot faster to re-arm as well. with an X4 base you have a good choice.

.209s

9mm

shotgun

Mag-Flash.

Also TRMR's are a lot faster to re-arm as well. with an X4 base you have a good choice.

.209s

9mm

shotgun

Mag-Flash.

in truth though you can only use the .209 & 9mm as pretty much no where allows shotgun and defo no where allows Mag-Flash those things are mental. Here's a little video i did just to show the difference in a .209 / 9mm / Mag-Flash.

https://youtu.be/DWLDAeMw6VA

My local allows use of 12G by responsible and vetted persons :P Mag-Flash is no more insane than the 3 stage TLSFX flash bangs, and certainly no louder.

OP, TRMR is potentially better as there is no pin to lose, and so much easier to reset (Oshi needs you to carry a 2 pence coin round to hold the firing pin place whilst you insert the safety pin >.< )

My local allows use of 12G by responsible and vetted persons :P Mag-Flash is no more insane than the 3 stage TLSFX flash bangs, and certainly no louder.

OP, TRMR is potentially better as there is no pin to lose, and so much easier to reset (Oshi needs you to carry a 2 pence coin round to hold the firing pin place whilst you insert the safety pin >.< )

sounds like a ball ache to reload.

TRMR every day, just a better piece of kit imo, better made, better to use and more reliable.

However I went for the triple .209 base rather than the x4. i cannot see why i would ever need to have three bases i cant use? it doesnt make sense? why would i want to swap and change munitions? especially when its rare any site allow 12g. A bang is a bang and even a .209 is a big bang and enough to catch them off guard and let the enemy know they are dead.

TRMR every day, just a better piece of kit imo, better made, better to use and more reliable.

However I went for the triple .209 base rather than the x4. i cannot see why i would ever need to have three bases i cant use? it doesnt make sense? why would i want to swap and change munitions? especially when its rare any site allow 12g. A bang is a bang and even a .209 is a big bang and enough to catch them off guard and let the enemy know they are dead.

How does the Tripple work? is it just rotate to the next round?

• Supporters

My local allows use of 12G by responsible and vetted persons :P

I only play at two sites currently. One is woodland so the TRMR isn’t any good anyway and the other is SWAT Fortress who don’t allow anyone to use 12G as it’s very close quarters plus it’s a former tobacco factory.

I only play at two sites currently. One is woodland so the TRMR isn’t any good anyway and the other is SWAT Fortress who don’t allow anyone to use 12G as it’s very close quarters plus it’s a former tobacco factory.

12G is pure evil anyway, and only used on teflon players with a marshall overseeing, more used to prove a point than anything else.

A bang is a bang. I find as cheap as possible and as easy to load as possible is far more important than it being loud. In airsoft noise only has disadvantages. Its not like the people hit by it wont notice even with just a shotgun cap in there, they absolutely will.

• Supporters

TRMR all the way, I'm keen to pick up a couple for use with the mag flash base at milsim weekenders, that much flash in the dark will be awesome and I expect genuinely a bit disorienting for the recipient/victim.

The multi shot base will be extra handy for normal game days, 6 bangs in 2 grenades!

• Supporters

You don't need a coin to reload the ohshi at all........ ( I know in their video they used a one pound coin but that's unnecessary and partly a joke )

Simply insert the blank, screw in the base with the blank, gently press the "wobble head" and reinsert the pin. They have competitions to reload them when the Ohshi guys turn up at the trade shows and stuff. Think their official record is something like 6 seconds. I've never timed myself but it doesn't take me all that long to reload it, I have used it on a room, recovered and reloaded it while the guys cleared the room and prepared to take the next, then used it on the next room.

And as for loosing pins I'm still on the original I got with the grenade and I bought one of the first batch when they came out originally. The pin is now on one of those spring loaded lanyards you can put keys on, it was about £3 and means when I take the ohshi out of the pouch the pin pretty much automatically gets pulled and then it sits just above the pouch. If anything I will have to replace the pin due to it starting to bend after repeated use.

The weekend before last I put 8 blanks through it. With probably about 20 over the last month. Mine has never gone off with the pin in either.

If I was buying another BFG I would be 50/50, I enjoy the simplicity of the ohshi but the new bases for the TRMR make it a very interesting prospect. The tri shot and the ability to use any size blank with the appropriate base are great concepts especially the MagFlash. Who knows OhShi might decide to make something along the same lines.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.