Orange tips

SeniorSpaz87

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hello guys,

I recently moved to the U.S., and I wish to bring my Airsoft guns back with me when I visit over Christmas. In order to get through customs with no issues, I want to get Orange tips for the guns I am bringing over. These are: an M4, a Tar-21, a PPSH, an mp7, and a we g17. The tar and m4 I am not worried about; those are easy to get. The others though... If I have to leave the g17 that's fine, I already have one here, but I really need the others.

So if you know where I can get ahold of any of these, great. If you have any of these guns and still have the Orange tips, please, can I have them? I'll send a few £s your way for the trouble.

Thanks,

Spaz

I would have thought they would have been available over there...

Like Grover said though, couldnt you just spray the ends of all of them orange as a temp solution? Or better yet use Orange insulation tape (Or painted masking tape) etc??

• Root Admin

Are you talking about bringing guns in or taking some back to the US with you after Christmas? Customs don't really mind what you export (that goes for any country) - imports are what matter.

I imagine those tips are something that are easier to obtain in the US and bring with you and then attach them here. Put some tool strength loctite on them so they look permanent to US customs if you're taking them into the US that is. If they're coming into the UK then all you need is a valid defence and to declare the item like you would any other - I think UK customs only really accept UKARA as a defence without a load of ballache though.

For us law it needs to be permanent. A flash hider will need to be glued on securely for example

I bought a gun from Evike and it came with a red plastic cover rather than painted/permanent. If they can export them with only a plastic cover I'm sure you should be able to do so in the same manner.

I'd ask US customs first, and worse-case scenario paint the existing ones with some shit acrylic or something that'll be easy to get off with a dip in Fairy Power Spray or similar

It might vary from state to state. So exporting from a state with relaxed laws might let them get away with it. I don't know US law so I can't say for sure

Maybe email Evike? There must be a US seller that can sell you some plastic flashhiders in orange. Normally they come with a tiny grubscrew, dare I say it but superglue it on :(

Another option... break the gun down and send it to atleast 3 locations in the US. (Do you have friends or family over there?) use a different name and it should be fine!

For us law it needs to be permanent. A flash hider will need to be glued on securely for example

Ah fair enough...

I think most people have a different interpretation here.....

I think the OP means that his guns are here and when he visits he wants to take them back to the USA with him meaning he needs an orange tip and is asking for people here to send them to him for when he imports them into the USA.

But..... I may have read it wrong and everyone else be right and yeah orange tips don't do anything really here ;)

Someone from a game I was at recently flew in from Denmark. From what he said they were concerned that he was bringing the rifle over just to sell. With 4 rifles I would imagine they will get very sceptical and quite possibly would become very suspicious and believe this is your intention rather then just playing with them.

(This is his experience with UK custom)

1. For guns with detachable flash hiders ask on a US forum, people who have replaced them will probably have some lieing around. Or take yours of and paint it, repaint later.

2. Guns with non detachable muzzle you will have to paint, use a thin coat of semi permanent paint.

3. Cover all trade marks up with black tape or your guns may be confiscated. Especially and Glocks or HK's.

4. Pack them securely and declare them to the airline in advance and on check in.

5. Un due whatever you have done and go shoot some Yankies. :) Be advised there gun will be shooting hotter than yours.

• Supporters

Ok... I wasn't getting notification for some reason, oh well... Ok, a few things. GingerBread is correct; I have between 4 and 6 guns I currently have in the UK that will be making one way trips to the U.S. when I visit my family over Christmas (I may leave a set there for my winterly Mall games). I have my 14 ccw flash hiders, now I need someone on here with a ppsh to send me a message cuz I need precise measurements of the front of it; here at FIT I sorta have access to a whole lot of machines like 3D printers; I'll make an Orange ppsh tip and glue it on; acetone will remove it once I'm here.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.