Plate Carrier or Tactical Vest?

MrPondlife

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Once again gents all your advice is most welcome :)

In the mean time I picked this up for £4 just to get me started http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201416845984?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Still think pouches on my belt might be the best option but for £4 I couldn't resist :D

That's a steal right there, even if it were pretty heavily used. I hope you're a fairly big lad though because those things never adjust very small, heh (not that it's the end of the world, especially for £4 as a first purchase).

That's a steal right there, even if it were pretty heavily used. I hope you're a fairly big lad though because those things never adjust very small, heh (not that it's the end of the world, especially for £4 as a first purchase).

LOL, not that big unfortunately but as you say for £4 its a start :)

• Supporters

Most people I see starting out who've zero knowledge of military kit and don't seek advice from more knowledgeable folks end up with most awful looking chinese knock-offs imaginable, the types of vests and armour carriers that literally fall apart at the seams 2 games in and rub the wearer raw in all the wrong places through the absurdly cheap knock-off fabrics and poor workmanship. Generally they're meant to be multicam but just look like a mixture of barbie pink and phlegm. That classic old assault vest design has been around for donkeys but it's a brilliant option to this day if you just need load carriage without the armour; rugged as hell, water-proof materials (at least the issue ones built the same as PLCE should be), light, well ventilated and a plethora of well placed pockets. The only real down-sides are the old 'spanish fly' buckles not being ideal and the fact they're so damn big in order to go over some of the old issue body armour.

• Supporters

Most people I see starting out who've zero knowledge of military kit and don't seek advice from more knowledgeable folks end up with most awful looking chinese knock-offs imaginable, the types of vests and armour carriers that literally fall apart at the seams 2 games in and rub the wearer raw in all the wrong places through the absurdly cheap knock-off fabrics and poor workmanship. Generally they're meant to be multicam but just look like a mixture of barbie pink and phlegm. That classic old assault vest design has been around for donkeys but it's a brilliant option to this day if you just need load carriage without the armour; rugged as hell, water-proof materials (at least the issue ones built the same as PLCE should be), light, well ventilated and a plethora of well placed pockets. The only real down-sides are the old 'spanish fly' buckles not being ideal and the fact they're so damn big in order to go over some of the old issue body armour.

Thats why I like some of the viper vests.

I know that they are not the best made but they are solid enough for airsoft. They are a pretty well thought out design have enough pockets for anything you need and dont cost the earth to replace if you do wreck it. The only bad parts are the plastic zips but I got a metal one put on for £8. Less money on my kit more money inside my gun.

Well the vest arrived yesterday and I can happily say, it fits and was a bargain :) Not Molle but Velcro and press stud fittings. Also came with 3 extra pouches tucked away in one of the static pouches 9which was a nice surprise).

Just need to buy 'stuff' to fill it up lol :D

It's ok trigger, I is down wit da kids n da street talk like, innit blood, sick. B)

• 1 month later...

Crye JPC in RG(plates not included)

Bought my own one for civilian contractor training when I worked for MoD. Lightweight and comfortable compared to the bulky issue kit they tried to fob us off with. G3 combat 'pants' are well worth the money too.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.