Question about parts (external upgrade)

T.Rokey

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all, I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this so please move if needed.

So I am looking at building a hpa system and have a spare g&g Gc16 raider full metal body laying around, and would love to put the system in this. How ever I want to change the externals, adding a 12" keymod rail and a 16" outer barrel( preferable silver).

The problem I am having is that its hard to find anything online about what parts are compatible with my g&g body. Also the parts that I have found do not specify whether they will fit (not sure if I can link the parts).

The second problem is my budget for this isn't very high, so the cheaper the parts the better.

Any advice would be great, or if any one has done something similar and could share with me how they accomplished it.

Thanks for reading,

T.Rokey

• Root Admin

I can answer the bit about outer barrels: You're going to want any standard AEG type outer barrel. 5KU and DYTAC make good ones for a decent price - DYTAC may be the place to start if you want a silver one, but 5KU make them too. I know this is obvious, but remember you'll need a new inner barrel too - if you're going for HPA, then it may be desirable to go for a decent wide bore barrel as FPS shouldn't be an issue for you and that air cushion will increase the guns consistency. Perhaps also consider an R-Hop to get those most out of an HPA system.

Attempting to answer the rail bit: Any TM spec rail should fit your receiver. Consider the DYTAC UXR or Bravo maybe. Bear in mind some rail types require a delta ring and crown - that's a whole other kettle of fish and can require tooling to rethread, but if you're going for a keymod then you should be fine as these will fit right on.

Edit
Some links to have a look at.

Barrel http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?products_id=3944&osCsid=1gvehtb5ulgdm9fngcp2l1o453
Rail http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?products_id=9400 - loadsa money though

I can answer the bit about outer barrels: You're going to want any standard AEG type outer barrel. 5KU and DYTAC make good ones for a decent price - DYTAC may be the place to start if you want a silver one, but 5KU make them too. I know this is obvious, but remember you'll need a new inner barrel too - if you're going for HPA, then it may be desirable to go for a decent wide bore barrel as FPS shouldn't be an issue for you and that air cushion will increase the guns consistency. Perhaps also consider an R-Hop to get those most out of an HPA system.

Attempting to answer the rail bit: Any TM spec rail should fit your receiver. Consider the DYTAC UXR or Bravo maybe. Bear in mind some rail types require a delta ring and crown - that's a whole other kettle of fish and can require tooling to rethread, but if you're going for a keymod then you should be fine as these will fit right on.

Edit

Some links to have a look at.

Barrel http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?products_id=3944&osCsid=1gvehtb5ulgdm9fngcp2l1o453

Rail http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?products_id=9400 - loadsa money though

Hey, thanks for the advice, I have been thinking of the R-hop mod and will indeed be getting a new inner barrel and hop unit. A few of the pets I have been looking at did say they are compatible with TM, I was just not sure if that also ment g&g. But it so then that is great, also thanks for the links they have been helpful.

T.Rokey

Best get that confirmed by someone, but AFAIK G&G are TM based when it comes to rails.

Okay I will take a look online, And double check. Thanks again for the input :) just need to grab a Ive stock, new trigger and the hpa system and I can get a move on with this build.

T.Rokey

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.