So snipers... whip yours out!

Raggedy_man

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Just a thread where the sneakier Bush Wookiees amongst the forum can show off their long range pride and joy.

Also I need tipping over the edge to join the Long range side : )

• Root Admin

Boring L96 that I've had for far too long. Can be fun but it's pretty outmatched by longer barrel VSRs.

JO7YpC.jpg

Edit:

350mm (roughly, I don't remember exactly) PDI 9.01

PDI hop up unit with R-Hop

Airsoft Pro trigger, cylinder, guide rod and piston

PDI 180 spring that puts out 445 with .2s but I've got a 210 and a 220 that will take it up to as far as 560 with a bitch of a bolt cycle

PDI duralumin shortened fluted barrel and suppressor adaptor

Some Laylax bits here and there like end-screw, cheek screws etc.

Scope is a Visionking 3-9 x 42

Here you go, TM VSR GSpec, Full Laylax kit with a 430mm 6.03 barrel, Standard hop unit and rubber but with a shimmed Airsoft Pro hop lever. Hawke 4-12 x 50mm Scope, LLCS and Custom sprayed stock/scope

Currently 485fps with .2's and 461fps with .43's so it joule creeps 20fps, better than before with my ASPUK set-up.

56E0F962-3A9B-424D-BD69-F36C48F9F170_zps

Yeah was going to say I thought it should drop to sub 400 on .43s. My AEGs lose more than 24 FPS switching from .20s to .25s

The correct FPS on a .43 in a 500fps (On .2) settup is 341. Other than R-hopping the thing then running an M130 i'm leaving it as is! I get 70-80 meters now nicely, before it would go further with overhop but that was with the +50fps joule creep. I switched to the Laylax settup because it uses the TBB to gain fps rather than running a higher rate spring (Which leads to Joule creep badly).

What weight BB do you guys use out of curiosity? I'm using the Guarder black .43s but they seem to go out of stock quite a bit.

Recently been using Gunfire rocket .43's. They're a creamy white and very good! I'm after the .45's they do also as I've been told there's a weight issue! (.43's actually weigh in at .41 etc)

Let us know what you go with. I'd be nice if Guarder made a .43 in a lighter colour too as black is obviously naff for hop adjustment.

Yeah, most people prefer lighter coloured BB's to aid seeing the thing! Nuprol .43's WERE very good, infact i'd say they were the best I've used, unfortunately they have a problem with sizing! In a TBB they jam :( So far the rockets have had zero issues!

Pre-Ban just means it had slight different bolt which allowed you to adjust the FPS easily. It was before they stopped them due to FPS limits etc.

Marui Gspec, ''One Joule'' build.

330FPS,just on the legal limit.

Laylax Piston and Laylax 100 Spring,everything else in the cylinder is stock,no real point in changing anything in my situation.

Cheap SHS sear set.Nothing amazing but it works.

Hop- ''Custom'' hop up arm,filled the stock one with epoxid,and shaped it to copy the dangerwerx ones. PDi W-hold bucking,and stock barrel. but polished to a mirror finish,like the cylinder.

Use .28s and .32s usually. Joule creeps constantly,hilariously over volumed. Been a while since i checked the numbers but it was spitting out .30s at 1.25J~ish.

Right now I'm using Nuprol .28s which have pleasantly surprised me.Have not had feeding issues with them yet,and they're easy for me to see.

Performance- Good enough. 50-ish meters and ''It will deffo hit'' accuracy. I usually like to get up close and go mad minute bolting anyway.

ij9BJjL.jpg

Wanting to get a smaller optic,like a red dot. local shop has NC star Gen 2 DP red dot sights for 25 quid,good idea? http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/n-arxsrf/n3wox/products/8544/images/11537/DPTV2___25113.1421530239.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

my mancrafted VSR G SPEC, slightly different now though (the white pipe isn't that visible lol) ... still waiting on my new scope though <_<

How you find the mancraft kit now it's all set up?

My GHK G5 HPA DMR

DSC_0107_zpsmrwfe46w.jpg

My TM G-spec, pretty much full laylaz internals except the oe hop chamber which I've modded with dangerworx type b arm. Was running at 350fps for shits and giggles, currently aroind 380fps until my laylax 150 spring arrives which with barrel should get me close on 500fps:

IMG-20150609-WA0001_zpsrdyqcimj.jpeg

• Supporters

How you find the mancraft kit now it's all set up?

Great piece of kit. i should say though, that i had to use the original cylinder as the threads where not compatible with the new cylinder i bought. also i am having issues with my ninja regulator not recharging correctly etc.

i am still playing with the mancraft regulator, as i have not yet got it to fit in my stock, but i am thinking of ditching the co2 idea and just running with the small 13ci hpa bottle instead.

mega pleased with it ... just waiting for my new scope now lol

I have a king arms blaser I'm looking to shift, once that's gone i think I'll get another spring sniper, maybe go for a M40a3 build :

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.