Helmets for BIG heads

lafta

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

4 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

I wear a helmet, which allows me to hear the hits to my head :)

Having tripped over backwards and smacked my head off a wall before landing on the floor, I am happy to wear a helmet in CQB for those odds occasions it is useful.

Exactly this.

When you've been told as a child, from medical professionals, that one more severe knock to the back of the head could kill you, it's enough to put the fear in you.

Granted my skull will have re-strengthened by now but I'm still gonna wear it, even if it only increases my chances 10%. On a scale of prayer to guarantee, I'll take 10% any day of the week and if it gives me confidence then I'm all for it.

The CQB site I play at has a leaky roof which leaves puddles of water full of slimey green algae on a completely concrete floor. I have boots that can deal with oil, ice, BB's etc but algae bests them easily.

Not to mention the many trip hazards from building debris, other people and my own feet and the multiple stairwells.

Yeah, I'll take a helmet.

• Supporters

You want to look cool (in your own mind if no one else’s😉) in a lid ? Then fill ya boots ! 

You want to wear it for protection ? Again crack on (no pun intended) I’m a great believer in a little bit of protection is better than no protection at all . The cheapest I’ve personally seen or owned have either been solid thermo plastic or a thinner plastic or resin on a substantial polystyrene inner helmet (no different from a cycling helmet design) and then the more expensive ones not sure of the material but I’m more than confident they’ll survive most ‘normal’ impacts you could receive Airsofting ?

Me personally I’m also of the opinion that if any Airsoft ‘type’ helmet receives an impact severe enough to brake it so badly that it could cause injury from the broken shards of the helmet then I’d say quite frankly those wounds are the least of your worries it’s the rest of the serious injuries you have you need to worrie about !☠️  🤣🤣🤣

so on a gameday for me it runs near as woodland 75% looks and 25% safety , CQB 25% looks and 75% safety .

I just bought myself an FMA AirFrame based on what people have said here. My massive bonce manages to fit in the helmet with room to spare. Its a solid unit mind, not exactly lightweight! 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.