Helmets for BIG heads

lafta

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Any advice on larger/adjustable helmets. I bought an Emerson Bump Replica and it's waaaay too small. I thought it was going to be adjustable but clearly didn't do enough research.

Help?

Lol big head!! What you gonna do with the Emerson helmet cos if it's no good and it fits Alex, I'll buy it off of you

How about a bucket :) Cut some holes for your eyes & done

Depending on how big your head is does SOMETIMES limit the helmet you can use

Go into a store & try on there range of helmets if there's one near to you

Iv a nuprol helmet for sale in the sale section mate for the very fact its too large for me. Better suited to a larger head. Far bigger than my bros emerson fast helmet.

• Moderators

saw a guy on youtube who was fitting lower mesh/goggles to his helmet :rolleyes:, the strap for adjustment was a twist one like cycle helmets, any idea what make?, I take it all the copies around £30 dont have this?, all Ive seen so far is loads of padding on the inside.....my head is around L on cap/boonies so I think 7 1/2? so when the time comes for one to be purchased, like to have a bit more of a heads up!......no pun intended! haha

• 3 years later...

Resurrecting a really old thread to see if there was a conclusion to this search for us gargantuan headed folks?? I'm 62/63!!... Move aside normallos I need a freak lid.

7 minutes ago, Eddie The Headshot said:

Newbie question, do players wear helmets because they look cool or for protection? Would a hat help if someone got shot in the back of the head?

Bit of both for me really.

Playing CQB with trip and slide hazards etc.

I almost killed myself several times as a kid, falling/slipping backwards and smashing the back of my head into the ground.

With a helmet I can run around and do stupid shit without fear.

But it can also look cool. I custom painted mine.

BB's don't hurt enough to warrant a helmet, it's the environmental hazards for me.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Eddie The Headshot said:

Newbie question, do players wear helmets because they look cool or for protection? Would a hat help if someone got shot in the back of the head?

They wear them because it helps fulfill their soldier wannabe dress up fetish. They never look "cool" but hey each to their own.

You don't need protection from a bb strike and most airsoft lids wouldn't offer much protection if you fell. Some claim they are necessary in case you bang your head but would you wear one for a hike in the woods or when trail running?

22 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

They wear them because it helps fulfill their soldier wannabe dress up fetish.

Some, not all.

each to their own.

Indeed.

most airsoft lids wouldn't offer much protection if you fell. Some claim they are necessary in case you bang your head but would you wear one for a hike in the woods or when trail running?

Some is better than none... And if I thought I was at increased risk of falling/slipping/gaining a head injury that could endanger my life during those activities, I would, same as I would riding a bike.

I didn't used to wear one and most games I don't but it depends where I play. Some places are simply more headbangy.

Some structures are built by hobbits and I've smacked my head on doorways enough times.

I figure if you're gonna wear one you may aswell make it look cool (even if it's only you that thinks it's cool... :lol:).

Often I only where a cap or bush hat, I don't like welts and red dots on my forehead. Fabric generally offers enough protection.

One thing I do like (I know you don't need a helmet for some models) is you can add sound cancelling earpro and when TAG rounds are in play or if a lot of grenades are going off in close quarters it can be kinder on the nerves. Plus getting shot in the ear is a bitch....

As far as a helmet for a larger noggin' goes - Airframe this is the best solution I found, short of going for a real lid.

@Eddie The Headshot - I wear one for protection, due to medical reasons. I suspect the majority of people wear them for the "tacticool" (I loathe this term) look. @Seven more or less summed it up nicely.

On a sidenote at sites which allow TAG rounds and events which allow them I personally think they should be a mandatory requirement.

@ImTriggerHappy - As Seven has stated, some is better than none, for me personally I play a lot of CQC and it's more the danger of taking catching my head on a low crawlspace/cut through. I realise that if I want any serious protection I'll need something actually rated for it but for just catching a door frame I've found my current one to be more than sufficient for the task.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@ImTriggerHappy - As Seven has stated, some is better than none, for me personally I play a lot of CQC and it's more the danger of taking catching my head on a low crawlspace/cut through. I realise that if I want any serious protection I'll need something actually rated for it but for just catching a door frame I've found my current one to be more than sufficient for the task.

I prefer cqb and that has been my mainstay for the last seven years. But never felt the need for a helmet and I don't play slowly and softly.

People wear helmets for looks and those that try to claim protection is a bit of a reach. They are good for taking the bb sting out because that can make you jump sometimes but a hat is almost as good. A few might genuinely wear them believing it will help with the protection but lets not kid ourselves that many do.

I have no problem with people wearing them but lets be honest about why they do.

@ImTriggerHappy - I can't say I know, or encounter, many who do wear helmets in CQC due to the negatives.

I agree that the overwhelming majority wear them for cosmetic appearance but your tone is rather disingenuous.

Am I foolish enough to think mine will protect me from a fall, such as that you'd experience on a push bike? Not in the slightest. Do I think that it'll provide that bit of protection to save me a hospital trip in the event I whack my head on a support beam or if someone lobs a TRMR round a corner without looking? Almost certainly.

Admittedly this year a rated helmet is on my list of purchases.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@ImTriggerHappy - I can't say I know, or encounter, many who do wear helmets in CQC due to the negatives.

I agree that the overwhelming majority wear them for cosmetic appearance but your tone is rather disingenuous.

Am I foolish enough to think mine will protect me from a fall, such as that you'd experience on a push bike? Not in the slightest. Do I think that it'll provide that bit of protection to save me a hospital trip in the event I whack my head on a support beam or if someone lobs a TRMR round a corner without looking? Almost certainly.

Admittedly this year a rated helmet is on my list of purchases.

It is not disingenuous as nothing underhand I am down right cynical though.

More chance of falling out the shower and banging your head seriously than you have in airsoft.  So when someone tells me they wear one because they play cqb I am going to snort and have a derisive dig. 

Personal choice but in no way necessary and most of the cheap airsoft repros are probably more damaging than good. See a few break sharply when knocked.

I will just put my faith in not being a clumsy fucker. 

(Actually looking back on my list of injuries that might be a bad idea)

• Head Moderator

I wear a helmet, which allows me to hear the hits to my head :)

Having tripped over backwards and smacked my head off a wall before landing on the floor, I am happy to wear a helmet in CQB for those odds occasions it is useful.

37 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

It is not disingenuous as nothing underhand I am down right cynical though.

More chance of falling out the shower and banging your head seriously than you have in airsoft.  So when someone tells me they wear one because they play cqb I am going to snort and have a derisive dig. 

Personal choice but in no way necessary and most of the cheap airsoft repros are probably more damaging than good. See a few break sharply when knocked.

I will just put my faith in not being a clumsy fucker. 

(Actually looking back on my list of injuries that might be a bad idea)

Having near enough knocked myself out more than once and my team mate doing the same because of a low beam/low murder hole were both waiting to get something a little better than an airsoft replica. For us having other activities outside of airsoft warrant a bump helmet so the cross functionality is worth the cost.

+1 for having a TRMR almost land on my head as well can thank mattthemassivecunt for that one

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

I wear a helmet, which allows me to hear the hits to my head :)

Having tripped over backwards and smacked my head off a wall before landing on the floor, I am happy to wear a helmet in CQB for those odds occasions it is useful.

But if it hurts you learn not to do it again. 

Think of it as education 😁

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.