Guns that stand out.

ImTriggerHappy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I borrowed my mates sten gun (asg I think) and all day I had people asking me about it. But the top of my list is either any realsword of a kris vector

• Supporters

Second that fpg, also the vector and whoever was running around with an ACOGed Barrett

• Supporters

Realistically, for me, any gun that actually looks what I'd call 'sorted'. Don't care on the platform or the make, but it's really bloody rare I see a gun with a setup that makes me think "that's actually well done" (obviously excluding the comedy guns in this one). I get people might be limited on the batteries the have in relation to the gun and their budget etc, but if you can't afford to setup your rifle in such a way that all the weight of that Large type NiMh isn't entirely dangling directly from the wire connection.. well I think you should just wait til next payday before attending another game. If anything for your own sake as that's just not a good thing for the battery, the gun or the shooter.

Also anyone that actually uses their attached foregrip, be it vertical or angled. I almost never see those used, they're just hanging out in front there while the shooter grips the magwell all day long. Not saying people 'aren't allowed' to grip the magwell that's entirely personal preference, but it's rare I see anyone actually utilise the foregrip they've paid for and attached, so that stands out to me.

• Supporters

Realistically, for me, any gun that actually looks what I'd call 'sorted'. Don't care on the platform or the make, but it's really bloody rare I see a gun with a setup that makes me think "that's actually well done" (obviously excluding the comedy guns in this one). I get people might be limited on the batteries the have in relation to the gun and their budget etc, but if you can't afford to setup your rifle in such a way that all the weight of that Large type NiMh isn't entirely dangling directly from the wire connection.. well I think you should just wait til next payday before attending another game. If anything for your own sake as that's just not a good thing for the battery, the gun or the shooter.

Also anyone that actually uses their attached foregrip, be it vertical or angled. I almost never see those used, they're just hanging out in front there while the shooter grips the magwell all day long. Not saying people 'aren't allowed' to grip the magwell that's entirely personal preference, but it's rare I see anyone actually utilise the foregrip they've paid for and attached, so that stands out to me.

He gets it.

• Supporters

I actually use the angled foregrip as I find it really comfortable. Originally I had a vertical foregrip but found holding it so that my thumb was on the top rail whilst my fingers were sort of curved over where the front of the vertical grip meets the rail was preferable for me. I think the sort of grip I'm talking about has a name(mong grip maybe?) but it works for me.

For me it's mainly about what works with a bit of what I think looks good thrown in. Stuff like PEQ boxes is just another place where the rifle is going to get obstructed by an attachment I don't use. If I try something I think looks good but then gets in the way i'd thin it out sharpish.

Is it just me who find that regardless of how much you can admire from the armchair, at a skirmish it's mostly just a blur of camo and carbine and nothing really grabs your attention?

Perhaps I'm a RIF racist because in person they all just look the same to me. Or perhaps I'm only real-steel curious as I can enjoy looking at pics online, but when it comes to the day, i'm not that into it.

Mostly it's just yawn M4/16 (i don't care what obscure variant you've made it), yawn SCAR, yawn MP5, yawn sniper (they all look the same, unless it's some kind of 50.cal, then your just hilarious). If it's none of the above then gets a 2nd glance to work it out.

Seen a Halo gun and Pulse Rifle that grabbed the attention, but I've kept an eye out for them to see how cheap plastic they look in the flesh. An MG42, but that was mostly as it was being carried by a someone smaller than the gun and seemed a perfect beautiful cliche of 'little-man syndrome'

My Thundermall usually gets a glance or two, and the occasional bit of spit.

• Supporters

Think it depends how interested people are in the guns, both Airsoft and their real steel counterparts. Some guys can identify which airsoft manufacturer made your gun, whereas other people will ask me if my HK416 is an L85(yes seriously)

One of the things I love about Airsoft is that it lets you do what you want kit wise. If you like a John Woo style loadout then go for it, likewise if you want to wear full USMC clobber then crack on.

I tend to find I have a fascination with Aks at the moment where as some people hate them. But M4s I find a bit boring now as I see far to many. I have one for cqb but that wasn't for the looks was just because it made perfect sense at the time. So yeah any decent Ak and I will give it a second glance.

I tend to find I have a fascination with Aks at the moment where as some people hate them. But M4s I find a bit boring now as I see far to many. I have one for cqb but that wasn't for the looks was just because it made perfect sense at the time. So yeah any decent Ak and I will give it a second glance.

Yeah like to check the AKs to see if they got wood and the shit/paint kicked out of them

• Supporters

Yeah like to check the AKs to see if they got wood and the sh*t/paint kicked out of them

You'd like mine then. Anyway, I love the Sigs as well Trigger, and I agree with your OP. The only person I've ever given a second look to wash guy at The Mall running around with dual TM AEG MP7s. It was my first game, and that just seemed so cool

One thing that I can think of was the first skirmish I played a guy there was running a claymore, Not exactly A gun but it definitely made my head turn! otherwise a do like a well kitted out DMR.

Have to say both my tm howa type 89 and m9 samurai edge get a fair few looks most games. To be fair the samurai edge is a thing of beauty! I do like obscure weapons like, seen an FN FNC once which looked the business

Yeah like to check the AKs to see if they got wood and the sh*t/paint kicked out of them

Yeah pretty much. Although mines all shiney at that moment as it's brand new. That will soon change.

• Supporters

Have to say both my tm howa type 89 and m9 samurai edge get a fair few looks most games. To be fair the samurai edge is a thing of beauty! I do like obscure weapons like, seen an FN FNC once which looked the business

The type 89 is different dont see many of them kicking around. I do like the receiver design. The samurai edge is quite common though usually see one or two every skirmish. Not a huge fan of the Samurai edge to be honest bit tacky looking in my opinion, I like the general design just not the whole stars bit.

I like guns that look menancing.

Anyone got anything thats not stock or a little more uncommon.

• Supporters

Yeah pretty much. Although mines all shiney at that moment as it's brand new. That will soon change.

Thats the thing with Ak's most people go for the beaten guerilla fighter look. I saw an ak 12 in the safe zone a few months back that a guy had with him to chrono, it was all black with an m14 ebr style stock. Absolutely gorgeous was very spendy though.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.