Do you hold a strangers gun or not?

Jedi_Master

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So the question for the forum today is whether you should hold a stranger's gun or not when they ask you to?

For example: you have just found a nice position overlooking a route used by the opposition team and a stranger on your team asks you to hold their weapon while they faff around (and maybe borrow some of your spare BBs :) ).

Do you say:

1. Yes, of course

2. No, sorry I am busy

3. Where is your sling?

4. Something else

Edit:

5. Can I keep it?

6. Am I wearing my fluffy unicorn and Care Bear patches?

7. Go and ask Snakeyes75 or Matto2494!

As I'm a polite person I normally say "Yeah, sure" but no more Mr.Nice guy, hold you're own f*cking gun ya' tool!

• Supporters

Think that was more Yoda to be honest!

Although bet he would lend someone some bb's

Maybe you could hold his lightsabre?

😉

If that was Yoda then Yoda needs to lay off the sauce. Sounded like drunk gibberish.

As for holding his lightsaber I am more of a stormtrooper than Jedi so will leave that to you ☺

Excuse me but whats that mean in English?

Let me explain. OP name Jedi_Knight. So this was an attempted of a yoda response.

My first response was some what sarcastic. Clearly didn't come across as it's now turned into a witch hunt.

I think there is a reasonable time to ask some

One to hold your gun. If the person is in a place of tactical advantage and have the drop on a few people why should you hold their rifle. How ever if you not then sure.

Clearly a little bit of humour didn't go down well.

I shall bow out of this conversation and leave you to it.

• Supporters

Let me explain. OP name Jedi_Knight. So this was an attempted of a yoda response.

My first response was some what sarcastic. Clearly didn't come across as it's now turned into a witch hunt.

I think there is a reasonable time to ask some

One to hold your gun. If the person is in a place of tactical advantage and have the drop on a few people why should you hold their rifle. How ever if you not then sure.

Clearly a little bit of humour didn't go down well.

I shall bow out of this conversation and leave you to it.

Nah dont bow out its just a bit of light hearted mickey taking.

• Supporters

Bloody hell......

Toy Gun holding......

Sharing BB love......

Yoda StormTroopers & Star Wars stuff......

Look guys - I'm with ya on all of this but if our other halves or anybody else from the real world reads this

I'm starting to realise how really f*cking sad we all are !!!!!!

yup fine by me - carry on chaps

Not being funny, but there's loads of things to lean your gun against whether it be CQB or outdoors, for example, trees and walls. But, if I see that they're genuinely struggling with whatever it is they're faffing around with, it's a matter of "eh, sure".

Like others have said, however, I'm more enthusiastic to do so if it's not another bloody rental gun for a change.

• Head Moderator

The OP was a light hearted thread and the first few posts indeed took it in the direction of double entendre. Maybe I should have caveated the post with "I neither condemn or condone holding a stranger's gun"h. Like life it is all context related, and each situation merits a different response based on circumstance.

Normally my response would be 'yeah, sure', before immediately leaning it against the nearest solid object and carrying on with what I was doing. In a jokey way, of course. Unless it was a particularly interesting gun. Then I'd ask to have a few shots with it while I was holding it. Had a guy with a M249 do that when I first started. Many of his BBs were spent. I regret nothing.

Option 1.

If poppin thru a window I either put the gun thru first, hold it in an awkward pistol angle (in case of being attacked) or hand it to nearest team mate.. I'd wonder if they had issues if they'd refuse (then again, I don't really play walk-ons, so we all tend to know or get to know each other most of the time)

When I've gotten thru the window I generally offer to take theirs while they climb.

5. Can I keep it?

:D :D

If I was to hold a strangers gun I would make sure to wash my hands afterwards.

2448.jpg

I find out a lot of people don't bother to zero their sights!!!

Aye, it's strategical! I know where my BBs hit compared to where the red dot is, someone else picking up my gun wont (thou zeroed it last game)

I don't understand the situation where anyone would want to hand their gun to anyone else, what better things have you to be doing? And why is a sling not sufficient?

For me it's generally to get to hard to reach spaces. The gun will be as much if not more in the way while slung.

• Head Moderator

Of course if you are well slung then either you do not need someone else to hold your weapon or you have a free hand to grip their stock for them.

• Supporters

Of course if you are well slung then either you do not need someone else to hold your weapon or you have a free hand to grip their stock for them.

You obviously have expert knowledge on handling another mans weapon. I take it you do it regularly?

Actually I really dont need to know.

• Head Moderator

I know that I like to keep my weapon clean, currently giving it a good rub down after some hard use earlier. Then I have to polish my helmet ;)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.