G&G cm16 raider dry firing

Matto2494

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys. Anyone help with my bloody G&G cm16. Seems to be dry firing on my high caps. I've found if I push the Mag up about 1mm it works fine. Let go and it dry fires. Any ideas?

If it's pushing the mag slightly forward that fixes it you can get little sticky backed velcro strips that can be stuck inside the magwell to push the magazine forward.

I shall give this a try.

I've had exactly the same problem with a few of my mags.

On some M4 mags, the cutout in the side of the mag is positioned just a mm or so too high at the top, so the top of the mag release lets it drop just enough so that the end of the hop unit does not fully push back the tab that holds the BBs in the mag.

Three possible solutions: 1) buy and fit a new mag release button; 2) scrape off the paint on the top lip of the mag release button, then drop a bit of solder onto it. Once cold, file it down flat so that you have raised the top about 1mm; 3) glue a thin piece of plastic under the top edge of each of the new mag retention holes.

1) is the most expensive, but probably the quickest and easiest.

2) should solve the problem for the least amount of cash, provided you have a soldering iron and can solder.

3) is probably the most time consuming and may mean the mags won't hold in any other rifle.

Some raiders dont like certain mags... Had an issue with mine when I first got it, every other shot was dry firing.

I bought AST mags in the end (due to advise from this forum) and they worked fine..

Some raiders dont like certain mags... Had an issue with mine when I first got it, every other shot was dry firing.

I bought AST mags in the end (due to advise from this forum) and they worked fine..

If it comes to it I will try this then :(

I use king arms mags in my M4's, sa80 & G36 (with magwell adapter)

I had miss feed issues in my ICS M4 so fitted a delayer chip on the sector gear (delayer chip in all my rifles) & now feeds properly again

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.