To give strangers BBs or not

Jedi_Master

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

The amount of times I've been asked if I have any BB's! plus the worst one I've found "Can you hold my gun" or "Can you pass me my gun" F*CK RIGHT OFF!!!!!

If you turn up for a game with half a bottle of BB's then you're an idiot (Not the OP).

You miserable barsteward where's your humanity and sense of camaraderie. Should hang your head in shame. 😔

I'm kind of with lozart on this one, tend to use .28's for my main, but always keep some cheap .2 and .25 as a throw away for anyone running out mid game (I've got 2 of those ammo pouch bags, one for each set). hell, when I first started there were plenty of times when I ran out of ammo, and some kind person lent me a couple of hundred to tide me over till endex, and I'm all for encouraging the younger players. all for one, and one for all

Nowadays using 0.30g BBs I don't often find many people wanting to take a mag from me, but I always offer. The cost of 300 BBs is just nothing compared to everything else this money pit of a hobby costs me so being a nice doesn't cost me anything. In a year I have perhaps given away £6 worh of BBs total, but in the process I have made about 10 people happy and some of them have turned out to be team mates I play with a lot. Its just another ice breaker.

I do view there beingn a difference between in game and in the safe zone, in the safe zone there ought to be somewhere to buy some so its kind of cheeky to be asking mags to be filled by others, but I have given BBs for the purpose of testing feeding and magazines and guns before, in practice its just not a lot of money in the end. I understand those doing this on a tight budget might not want to give up BBs, I am not going to hold it against them but from my own experience I have found it beneficial to hand out mags like they were free. Haven't had anyone fail to bring the mag back.

I do know someone actually.

Leave it with me. It's gonna be a thing.

Make it a reality and I'm in :D

Anyway I'm more than happy to lend out some ammo to anyone who needs a bit. That said I won't lend out my more expensive/sniper ammo unless the person is using that sort of rifle and wants to try a different ammo weight in it.

But yeah I'm the "tools and spare ammo guy" in our group for a reason.

As alot of others have said tbh i cant see an issue with topping up a mag or two. I only use tracer rounds but still happy to hand a few out if its asked nicely for. A: is only a game, B: is only a few quids worth of plastic. Allowing others to carry on llaying is worth way more than the few quid a bottle of bb's cost.

I'm thinking maybe some of us need to start a new team...."Team Fluffy Unicorn" maybe. We could all have a patch of a VERY fluffy unicorn and people would know they could ask (nicely) for a bit of ammo and not get sent away with a flea in their ear.

Sounds good to me

What about this

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e15/11420865_1643193242565232_1295677014_n.jpg

Not fluffy enough.

Needs to be lilac or pink unicorn with a rainbow horn, just think as camp as possible.

Hahahah I'm looking forward to this

I dont see an issue as BBs are not that expensive and its not a regular occurrence.. I once emptied out my mags into someone elses mag as I had no lives left and it was the last push before a trip back to the safe zone, so allowing someone else a chance to finish seemed no big deal for me.

I run out once, my M4 was down and my pistol mag PFFFFT out of gas, so rather than go back someone lent me their pistol to use B) I was very surprised, he didnt seem to think anything of it.

Haha, love the direction this thread is swerving in XD

You miserable barsteward where's your humanity and sense of camaraderie. Should hang your head in shame.

I don't have any! next time some one asks me to hold their gun (Especially when I've taken the time to find a good spot) (Yes it's happened a couple of times) i'm just ignoring them!

'hey snakeeyes could you hold my gun for me while I fill my two hi caps with some of your spare ammo' cheeeeeeeers geeeeeeeza ;)

• Supporters

I vote Team Fluffy Unicorn assembles at Snakeeyes' next game and all take turns in asking him for BBs and to hold our guns for us.

All.

Day.

Long.

By the sounds of it he likes to find a camping spot as well. So I reckon we should get a team fluffy unicorn flag made up then I can spend all day waving it over him.

At least then he will have a reason to so miserable. Sounds like Victor Meldrew took up airsoft.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.