To give strangers BBs or not

Jedi_Master

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Head Moderator

I was recently at a skirmish with rental kit and during the last game of the night another rental player on the same coloured team as me ran out of ammo and was askng if anyone had any he could have. There were several responses that I could have made:

1. Yes, I have ammo left, here have some of mine.

2. Yes, but I need it all myself.

3. No, none left either.

4. No.

5. Stay quiet and do not respond.

I took option 5. I did not know this other person, had payed the same money as him for rental, I had conserved my ammo (no bursts of automatic), no idea if he was just trying to get free extra bbs. So what would other forum members have done? Do not want an ethics debate, just interested in how you would deal with the issue of giving away your bbs to a stranger. Had he been a formal team mate or friend I was there with then option 1.

Edit: to clarify, only extra ammo was from the original 2k allowance issued to all of us having rental guns and I had one mag full of bb left. No idea whether would need them myself at the time. Do not believe anyone else offered their ammo either.

Given that it was the last game of a day, it depends on what the person is like, if he was a nice guy I would have given him them no worries.

The amount of times I've been asked if I have any BB's! plus the worst one I've found "Can you hold my gun" or "Can you pass me my gun" F*CK RIGHT OFF!!!!!

If you turn up for a game with half a bottle of BB's then you're an idiot (Not the OP).

I've given out bbs in the past. I carry a small speedloader and sometimes small bottles that contains about 500 bbs each. In a lot of cases the player is just caught short if the game has gone on longer than expected. Usually they offer to top me up when we get back to the safe zone but it's no big deal if they don't.

Happened to me twice last time out, I chose to dish them out like the milky bar kid so the guy could cover me while we moved up on to the objective. He topped me up when we got back so all good in the hood.

Nope. I use heavier ammo, which ends up working out at almost half again as expensive for a much smaller amount. Fine, I don't use anywhere as many but a High cap would take the same amount of BB's that would last me 4 or 5 game days. Only caveat to that, if a mate asks for a few (and I do mean a few) I will probably give to them, but random joe bloggs? Not a chance.

• Supporters

If I have some spare 0.2 or 0.25 then giving some away if they ask nicely and aren't a dick about it doesn't seem like a problem. I can understand not wanting to give away heavyweights but standard ammo is so cheap I really can't see a problem with it.

It depends if they ask nicely. I had a kid from the other team ask me if he could have a mags worth last Sunday while we were changing ends. He was a good kid. I couldn't say no. If he'd been all chavy and a bit gobby it may have been different.

I don't tend to agree on the theory of what goes around comes around as I seem to help people a lot in life and get my fingers burned. Bu I will keep fighting the good fight!

I carry an Oasis bottle of bb's around with me, as well as plenty of hi-cap mags. Generally, if we're in a fire-fight or at an important part of a game and people on my team need ammo, I'm happy to share. If it's less pressing but still in-game, I'll usually way up whether they have been a good, pleasant team player... or a dill.

• Supporters

I've got no problem giving people ammo, although I generally don't take loose BBs out of the safe zone. When I started it felt like BBs were a valuable commodity, but now it seems pretty trivial.

Quite a while back I played at a site where they didn't have any BBs for sale, I think they forgot them or something. Now I pack enough ammo for two people just in case something like that happens again - I don't generally buy ammo onsite anymore as it tends to be comparatively expensive and means you have to make do with whatever they are selling(yay Nuprols!)

I only buy bio bb's on-site because the on I go to is a 'bio site only' & because I use 2 weights, I have both but carry .20's aswell for anyone who needs them

I've got 5x 1 litre bottles with bio & non bio in them for different sites, the non bio's I buy 10,000 at a time

I had a guy asking if anyone had green gas & I had just over quarter of a bottle left, he offered me full price to which I said no mate as I had a full bottle in my bag so you keep it, he bought me a few cups of tea during the day to say thankyou

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.