New Player looking for advice

Mr_Crabs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I am new to the forums and new to airsoft, I have only been to 3 skirmishes so still not sure on most things really.

The only thing I have regretted is my first gun, the Double Eagle M4. I bought it from JustBBGuns and hated it, but fortunatley I have learnt from my mistakes and have been to my local store to buy my other gun, the Ares Amobea Honey Badger, which is really good so far.

Just one question, I have picked up some mesh goggles and lower face, but is a helmet necessary? I am looking to get a FAST helmet variant or will my £35 go into something better as a newbie?

I will list the stuff I have ATM

Multicam MTP Jacket

Multicam MTP Trousers

Black Gloves with knuckle armour

Standard walking boots

Tan steel mesh lower mesh

Tan mesh goggles

Ares Amobea Honey Badger (AM-014)

Air Mag 1911

Ares Amobea 300rd hi-cap

x2 Standard mid-caps

x4 Pistol mags for my 1911

Also, are there any good sites around leicester that are fairly cheap to enter? I don't have a lot of cash ATM

• Head Moderator

Yes to the Fast helmet. I took a head shot on my first game and decided to get a helmet as one of my first purchases. it is well worth the money, looks good (in my opinion) and has saved me getting bumps in tunnels. Do not feel dressed without one. I have my mesh mask attached to the helmet rail so that i just have to unclip one side to remove it and the other strap is suspended on the helmet. Also a place to add patches if you want.

The only thing more important is good eye protection. I have mesh goggles only as a back up but I cannot see very clearly through them and they offer no real balistic protection compared to dedicated eyepro.

A hat works very well to protect from hits to the head. A boonie hat will offer some protection for the ears, helmets don't tend to be as good for this.

Also a boonie hat is better for hiding as it breaks up your outline more.

If you play a lot of CQB then a helmet is a wise investment. Plus it stops you having to explain the welts on your fore head to friends/the boss/the other half and anyone else who's curious. For woodland though I prefer a boonie hat or cap - just because it's more comfortable.

Anyway, welcome to the hobby and forums! :)

Just a word of caution, don't go all out straight away. Most people, me included, find there load out is based on practical experience. What I found I needed as I played more and more games. It is nothing like what I thought I would like but it's comfortable and fits my style of play aswell as the site I play at.

• Head Moderator

That is one problem of waiting to get your defence before buying a RIF, you can end up spending hours looking a Gucci kit on the Internet and buying lots of it ready for when you do actually buy your gun.

• Head Moderator

And your AF-UK patch so that fellow forum members can recognise each other. :)

• Supporters

And your AF-UK patch so that fellow forum members can recognise each other. :)

I've given mine to my better playing son

I'm so not worthy of it as I shoot like a blind squealing little girl trapped in an ol' farts body

hence I still use the starter guns too....

If I was using a higher end gun I really would have no excuse why I can't hit anything

always blame the gun/tools etc.....

nah - I friggin' crap at this but wtf I still enjoy it being cannon fodder for pro's ( and rental noobs - jjjeeeeeez I suck)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.