New Airsofter in the North East

Baxter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning all!

Brand new to airsoft having been enticed in by my twin sons who were begging me to take them. 2 sessions in and I'm hooked!

Bought myself some decent boots and some MTP clothing to get started but just hiring guns for a while until I can find out what loadout I really want.

I'm based in Tynemouth but have joined up at NTAC in Shildon as really like the site and the folks there seem a good bunch. Happy to hear from others in the region as I'll be asking a million questions about kit over the coming months. Definitely interested in having a tour around the Airsoft sites of the UK too once I'm kitted out.

Next purchase is safety gear so interested to know peoples thoughts on mesh goggles vs full plastic goggles. Does the fogging issue out weigh the chances of bb's shattering on impact?

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I know there's a few sites in the area but would be good to get your opinions on what one does better than the other? Is it mainly location to your homes or do you prefer the site you play at for any particular reason?

I play at Rifleworks, out near Consett as it's a reasonable sized woodland that tends to play longer, involved games which suits my preferences.

Ntac is a mix between Cqb and a little bit of woodland playing short, faster paces games with a large number of players.

Ntac I can't comment on, as I've not been in a couple years & they've changed sites since then.

There's also no limits in Gateshead which is an indoor Cqb/kill house affair.

Haven't been so can't comment.

And lastly, Northern Alliance at Dishforth.

A small collection of bunkers and paintball-like fields.

Best is to get out to all of them & see which you like best. :)

No limits is my local... It's awesome fun on a Sunday from 3 ish perfect for me as I tend to work Sunday's , relaxed attitude very fast paced cqb stuff so none is out for long and fantastically ran !

Theres NSC in boldon that's on an old ammo dump with bunkes, woodland one open buildings, again great, more involved and usually longer range contact.

No limits is my local... It's awesome fun on a Sunday from 3 ish perfect for me as I tend to work Sunday's , relaxed attitude very fast paced cqb stuff so none is out for long and fantastically ran !

Theres NSC in boldon that's on an old ammo dump with bunkes, woodland one open buildings, again great, more involved and usually longer range contact.

Do the games start at 3pm at no limits?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.